The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 221 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Steve Bruce is angry he feels he was hounded out by fan power- The Star.

No Mr Bruce you lost your job by not bringing in a suitable replacement for John Terry then loaning out the only other CB besides Chester at the club and persisting with your daft experiment with Jedinak. You then compounded these errors by signing two goalkeepers behind a dodgy defence the new keeper quickly lost confidence, unfortunately you had also loaned out the only other capable keeper. As if that was not enough you added two more wingers to the staff and left them on the bench.

To be fair and give you plus points you signed Abraham and Bolasie on loan and also McGinn all these players look good signings

You ignored a position you occupied for your whole career as a player which resulted in the entire team looking unbalanced and unsure, you accused some sections of the fan base of not being very intelligent and yet you made a stupid basic error which has cost the club dearly and made the task of getting promotion this season far more difficult
that is why you have been sacked.
Not a solitary quote from Bruce in that article. Just a stupid clickbait headline. He’s not our manager, we’re fine with that. No need to keep on at the man based on a quote-less article from a rag....

Mixture of sadness and relief from me. Sadness as I really like him, wanted him to do well and will forever be thankful to him for turning the club around.

Relief as he'd lost the fans and lost the plot and it was turning nasty.

Right decision all round I think, but wish it could have ended without all the hatred from some twisted fans.

In hindsight he should have gone last week, before things boiled over at the Preston game.

I'd like to personally thank him for what he did when he first came in... he turned the good ship Villa around... a ship that had been sinking for 4-5 years and had spat out many other managers.

He managed to turn a toxic dressing room, and toxic relationship with the fans around and brought a real feel good factor to the place... unfortunatley it seems it had almost gone full circle though, so his time was indeed up, but I wish him the very best for the future and have no doubt he'll do a good job elsewhere.

Cheers Brucey!

Mixture of sadness and relief from me. Sadness as I really like him, wanted him to do well and will forever be thankful to him for turning the club around.

Right decision all round I think, but wish it could have ended without all the hatred from some twisted fans.

In hindsight he should have gone last week, before things boiled over at the Preston game.

I'd like to personally thank him for what he did when he first came in... he turned the good ship Villa around... a ship that had been sinking for 4-5 years and had spat out many other managers.

He managed to turn a toxic dressing room, and toxic relationship with the fans around and brought a real feel good factor to the place... unfortunatley it seems it had almost gone full circle though, so his time was indeed up, but I wish him the very best for the future and have no doubt he'll do a good job elsewhere.

Cheers Brucey!

Absolutely Deano couldn't have put it better myself, lets not forget what a basket case we were when he took over. Thanks Steve

Cheers Brucey!

Yes I did feel sad for him last night.

Without going on too much sadly I now know what it is like to lose a parent recently and it's hard enough coping with one , let alone losing both as he did. Bruce may not realise until he has now stepped away how much it affected him.

I didn't want him to suffer the abuse that he did and it's sad that it got to this point before he was sacked.

If FFP was such a concern then surely this summer we didn't need to:

1) Bring in Tuanzebe to play him at RB ahead of our 4 other RB's
2) Loan out Steer and buy Nyland and loan Moriera (the latter which is just bizarre)
3) Loan Abraham, as Davies and Hogan will clearly get no game time unless of injuries
4) Should have sold Albert before bringing in either El Ghazi or Bolasie
5) Even though McGinn has been a great signing we are still overloaded in Midfield, so surely should have tried to get the best out of what we had or sold one or two before signing someone else

Does that mean the situation is not as bad as we think or is it just bad management?

I honestly do believe that the answer to your question my friend, is encapsulated in the final three words of the question itself.

Sky said earlier that Bruce thought his time was up regardless of tuesdays result as things were going on behind the scenes which led him to that conclusion

When new owners come in and start sacking the support staff, it's pretty clear that they want to do things their way. Think they wanted the new DOF in place prior to sacking Bruce, but he knew his days were numbered. The excuses were as much for the owners as they were for us.

What was it, 8 wins in 25 games or something? You'd have to be belligerent to not know something was up.

There's going to be loads of his ex players and old pros who are his mate coming out of the woodwork to slag us off.

Another reason I am so glad that Bruce is gone. He carries this type of naff pity party fan club unlike any other manager in the business. Don't need it and don't want it. Let's get a manager who has the balls to live and die by his results instead of a self pitying multi millionaire who drives a wank broken down media bandwagon.
Pitty party . Sir you have summed up Steve Bruce and his like in two words, thank you.

I'm going to anger a few people with this post but, believe me please it is just an idle thought and not really meant to get up anyone's nose.

I am beginning to think that Steve Bruce has received more praise and thanks than he actually deserves.
When he came in that first season, admittedly to a club that was in tatters, he had from October to May, (8 months), to stop the rot, well he did manage that.
Having stopped the rot and having been quite heavily backed in the transfer windows, we somehow had an almost successful season, without producing anything approaching attractive football, apart from the odd 45 minutes here and there.
Then comes this season, where we started off with quite promising performances, for two games, then we went back to performing like we were in our first season in the championship.
There is therefore a line of thought running around my head, that says maybe Mr Bruce was lucky in his second season, to have John Terry guiding players.
Mr Bruce had two years as our manager and to be honest we have not progressed since he joined us but, merely stood still.
There is a good argument that we actually could have been better off being relegated a second time.
It could have been easier, cheaper and faster to put the club back on an even keel in a lower division. It would certainly have eased fan pressure for an immediate return to the premiership.