The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 195 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Not sure what contract he has but we should give notice now that it wont be renewed. We should then put him on gardening leave and just continue to pay his wage every month. So no need to give him an immediate pay off. Lets face it we have been doing it with enough players Richards etc. Time to move on but not sure who should replace him. Rodgers at Celtic has already said when he leaves them he wants another job in the premier. I am also a poor judge , I thought Bruce was the man to take us up.

He's on a rolling 12 month contract which I believe means that every day, it renews to have 12 months left at all times.

listened to his after match assessment on WM radio on the way home, apparently Sheffield made it difficult for us as they strung 5 across the back and had 4 sitting in front (really) !!! not the game I was at then, 3 at the back, two wing backs getting forward and forcing our wide players deep, little Barry and the number 8 playing balls around for fun and through our midfield !!! but what do I know I am just one of those loyal fans that turn up ever week that have no intelligence and should be thankful that Bruce has done it all before and given time will do it all again. NO GO NOW

open_potato_sack_a02a3e64-15cf-424e-8de9-3f4242ea9864.jpeg

listened to his after match assessment on WM radio on the way home, apparently Sheffield made it difficult for us as they strung 5 across the back and had 4 sitting in front (really) !!! not the game I was at then, 3 at the back, two wing backs getting forward and forcing our wide players deep, little Barry and the number 8 playing balls around for fun and through our midfield !!! but what do I know I am just one of those loyal fans that turn up ever week that have no intelligence and should be thankful that Bruce has done it all before and given time will do it all again. NO GO NOW

Yes I heard that and nearly crashed the car , even more so when he mentioned the 4 or 5 good chances we had. I honestly can't remember one.

You know it’s bad when you contemplate a loss if it means we can move forward.

If you could guarantee me he’s gone by next Saturday I’d take a defeat Friday.

It's awful isn't it. Horrible but the only thing to take from today is he is closer to going .
I say this because there is no way he is turning this around . Lost the away fans and now home fans chanting for him to go.

Never ever want us to lose but the sad fact is in order for him to go we will have to lose a couple more games before he goes. In my humble it will still be mid October

I really wanted to give Bruce a chance this season, I wanted to believe that he could lead the way to promotion with his experience. After a summer of uncertainty it was correct to start with him as manager and right by the owners to take a look at things and see what they had bought before making big changes.

But after yet another woeful performance today he has lost the majority of support and good will, I hope he will go before things get too nasty as he doesn't deserve personal abuse. He has maybe found his limitations as a manager, he can be a good motivater, good at man management and has attracted some good players to sign. Where he is been exposed now is of his lack of tactical awareness in favour of old fashioned put your boots on methodology.

We hear too many excuses of squad rebuilding and starting again. Villa are in fact in a much better position squad wise and infrastructure wise than nearly all other championship teams and the majority of them seem to cope ok.

What has has made me now decide that change is required is that we are not progressing, not in a style of play or in results, in fact we are getting more and more bad performances and the team look more disjointed than ever. Too many players out of positions and out of form, a badly handled transfer defence cock up, not being able to utilise star players, and a worrying lack of direction means it could be 100 and out for Bruce.

Thanks for the return of belief last season and for the wolves and blues games., thanks for trying your best but it's time for a new direction with a manager and coaching staff who can get these players working as a unit not as individuals. UTV.

“When you are constantly having to score three that’s something. As a team we’ve conceded far too many goals this year and is something we have to amend straight away before we start thinking about going forward. That’s what we will work on this week,” Bruce said

1) You has every chance to sort the defence out, so how many defenders did we buy in summer?
2) if we played positive attacking football it would actually help our defensive inability

He certainly isn't making it easy for himself is he? He needs to own this mediocre start to the season, and change it, because it obviously isn't working, and I'm afraid Steve these players need to perform now not in ten games time. Friday feels like a crunch match, that is if he is still here.

The man's an idiot. You play to your teams strengths. Who are our best players, our attacker's. Play to their strengths not sitting back because we're scared our defence isn't good enough.

As for these 4 or 5 good chances. Bar 1 hourihane possibly should have done better with 2nd half I can't think of 1. Even the goal wasn't a good chance. So much for his honest interveiws.