The Official Steve Bruce Thread | Page 166 | Vital Football

The Official Steve Bruce Thread

Steve Bruce has done a good job here since he came. And in years to come fans will acknowledge that he did come in at another turbulent time in our history and got things moving in the right direction again.
Yes, the quality of football is not pretty overall, and a defensive strategy was the basis of our recovery from the habit of loss after loss in an awful period over the last 7-8 seasons prior. Bruce was chiefly responsible for the upturn and return to hope on matchdays.

Now us supporters are passionate and love a good debate on all things claret and blue, and these forums have a whole spectrum of opinions which is healthy, however terms such as Bruce lover, or Bruce hater are not warranted. We are Villa lovers, and want only good for our great club. Similar to anyone looking to single a player out as a scapegoat on presuming they are trouble when we don't no anything about them as individuals. Some bemoan that typical Bruce will put a run together as the pressure is on him. Well i bloody hope so. That's exactly what we need and i assume all supporters want us to.

As for the Bruce's future, well if we are not in the running for automatic promotion at the end of the year SB will be gone. He probably knows this better than most. If we are in the mix then let's get right behind the whole team and the manager if you want him here or not. Until he goes and we roll the dice again hoping for a double 6, we should support him.

Finally, we have much to be positive about, the club is now owned by very wealthy people who will only move us upward. We have a squad of a quality that should push for promotion including a couple of real premier league class acts in Jack and Chester, we still have a great stadium, a great name and not least of all great supporters. Love you all and UTV.

Well his pedigree is far greater than that if you care to look a little deeper
Assistant for three years at Barcelona? Very different from being the man in charge. Paul Clement arguably has more experience, number two at PSG, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich....has hardly set the world alight as a No 1 though! Can't see what makes this guy stand out as an ideal candidate for us to be honest. Am I missing something?

Everything

Rather than a sarcastic response perhaps you'd like to expand on your reasons for possibly appointing this chap as our next choice of manager. I genuinely can't see what would make him an ideal candidate for us? This has nothing to do with our differing opinions regarding Bruce so why not attempt to enlighten me with a more mature response. It was a genuine question.

As pointed out - the owners didnt get where they are with their amassed wealth without being ruthless. They’ve kept him (Bruce) employed so as to not cause friction with the likes of us fans, or should I say those of you who thought he should stay. First impressions and all that. He seems a nice bloke, but this job is not for him. Too many mistakes

Let’s just get BFR or JG back. May not do any better, but at least the post-match interviews were fun.

If I had depression I wouldn't go to my manager at work for help I would go and see an expert in that field.

I think you'd be surprised at the number of people suffering depression of some kind, who refuse to seek help until someone who has noticed speaks to them and offers a sympathetic shoulder, sirdennis.
With regards to Taylor, he hasn't been the same since that tackle. So it makes sense that he's suffering from that on a mental level, whether it be guilt, or fear that it could happen again, or just plain old anxiety. People noticing something wrong and keeping quiet about it, only makes things worse, as well as harder to deal with. The club should have a psychiatrist on the books but, sometimes it's easier for a sufferer to talk, in the first instances, to someone who's been in the same position.

The early season cup humiliation is becoming a too regular occurrence.

I was happy when Bruce came in, felt in all of his other clubs, he hadn't gotten a squad as good as ours, maybe his style would change now he had better footballers to use....nope. the hoof ball technique worked at his first club and he'll be damned if he's changing it for us! Hoof the ball up to RHM.....the kid will use his height against 2 senior defenders although for the u23 team he's known for his pace. Same with Hogan, lump the ball in the air you him with his back to goal. In a world of technology, Bruce can YouTube Hogan goals at Brentford....what's the difference in that Hogan to our one? They played ball to feet and for him to run on to. He must of scouted him to know his strong points, use them!
Sometimes I think he had a bingo machine in his office and picks the team/ transfers with that. Play players in their position, it's not rocket science. I don't ask for much, just to be proud of my team. I don't care if we lose games once we tried to play football... once there's hard work, determination and some entertainment. I am losing confidence that any steve Bruce team can give me that.