The Official RIP Thread | Page 139 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Love Island presenter Caroline Flack found dead in her flat, aged 40.

Shocking.

The media leading the tributes while only a few weeks ago they were ripping her apart.

No one deserves that kind of life or ending (apparent suicide).

What a sorry mess.

The authorities for this ridiculous prosecution that her partner didn't support and the press for the (as usual) over the top sensationalism .
Which I guess is a contributing factor if not THE single factor causing her to do this.

I guess she was getting too much flack from media? (sorry too soon).

Genuinely looks a like a sorry state of affairs, was on trial soon for battering her boyfriend. Seemed like a pretty fucked up person in need of a lot of help...

Confirmed as suicide so I've made the leap with the court case as well. The CPS don't need the boyfriends support to charge if the evidence is overwhelming, and from what I've heard it was, but my guess was 6/12 month suspended at worst.

With the typical over the top press hounding for what largely is a non-story (and wasn't even really pursued as a means of highlighting female on male unreported violence where it would've served a purpose) I can only unfortunately think (amongst other things and issues maybe) that given you can easily argue the case only got this far on the back of her name, she possibly believed any sentence would also be uber hammed up and rabbit-holed.

I know the name, I have no real idea who she is outside of the Love Island references and I've probably seen her once (was on Russell Howard a few weeks back) but it's a weird one as even before today, I'm yet to see anyone actually have a bad word about her....and with the case rumbling on since December, I thought the knives would've been out from some and so on, but it hasn't happened.

I know the name, I have no real idea who she is outside of the Love Island references and I've probably seen her once (was on Russell Howard a few weeks back) but it's a weird one as even before today, I'm yet to see anyone actually have a bad word about her....and with the case rumbling on since December, I thought the knives would've been out from some and so on, but it hasn't happened.

This for me, as I don't watch anything she's presented but a tragic loss of life

When she popped up on Russ I had my 'that's who she is then' moment. Other than that?

No age to go, and IF her death can be tied to any of the press nonsense it should be chased, but no doubt we'll have a week or two of people pining for someone they've never met so it can be about them, rather than what drove her to this and the one useful thing that could come from it.

Never heard of her, but she was a lovely looking woman and it's sad how her life ended.

Apparently the Sun having been deleting all their bad press about her. Classy as always.

Confirmed as suicide so I've made the leap with the court case as well. The CPS don't need the boyfriends support to charge if the evidence is overwhelming, and from what I've heard it was, but my guess was 6/12 month suspended at worst.

With the typical over the top press hounding for what largely is a non-story (and wasn't even really pursued as a means of highlighting female on male unreported violence where it would've served a purpose) I can only unfortunately think (amongst other things and issues maybe) that given you can easily argue the case only got this far on the back of her name, she possibly believed any sentence would also be uber hammed up and rabbit-holed.

Yep CPS can proceed without support of a victim . They can of course decide whether it is in the public interest to prosecute.

Repeat offender ?. Doesnt seem so from my knowledge.
Boyfriend saying the incident wasn't as reported .
No victim supporting the case .
Clearly a remorseful offender .

No public interest there for me. Easy get out for CPS. Power of discretion is available when a balance can be struck .

If this were a male presenter who topped himself prior to going on trial violently assaulting his girlfriend who also had prior relationships with 17 year olds I think the twitter world would be delighted.

Lots of hypocrisy going on.

Sadness at a 40 year old male killing himself wouldn't be out of my reach. The assaulted boyfriend has already said it wasn't as charged. No idea re the other bit, hopefully you have evidence to back that bit up though.

I just feel sorry a young life has been ended in this awful way.

I read something on Instagram, which I can’t find and I’m going to do a terrible job at repeating it, but it went something like “it’s ok to feel sad that a young life has been lost, it’s ok to feel that she should’ve faced the consequences of her actions”. There was another part to it I’ve forgotten.

It sounds like she went to a horrible place with the press intrusion and no doubt comments from followers on social media, from the little I know of her she was a 40 year old who lived more like an early 20 year old, with the love island work, dating One Direction lads, I read she even said she felt she was 18. It sounds like the events behind closed doors were more like that of an immature relationship than a grown up one.

That said, whatever happened behind closed doors and whatever the truth was, if she was a bloke she would have to face the consequences.

I wonder if the pressure of trying live the lifestyle of a 20 year old - staying pretty, not having kids, dating teenagers - when your body and mentality want to move on, play a part in something like this as well.

I don’t know how wide of the mark I am with those comments or how they’ll be received but that’s my honest view.

I don’t read papers and I certainly don’t read the entertainment sections which have celebrity crap in so I’ve no idea what’s been written, but when you look at her and her mentality, it’s a recipe for disaster.

It’s sad, as is the other 2 losses of life from the programme.

I know something appertaining to the situation however I’m not going to reveal it other to say that we should all be kinder to each other and there’s always more going on in the background

Actor Max von Sydow, aged 90.

Will forever be Ming the Merciless in Flash Gordon for me.

RIP Max.

No suggestion that he had coronavirus.