The Official RIP Thread | Page 233 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Tony Clarkin 7 January. I missed this one.
Lead guitarist and songwriter for Brummie rockband Magnum . I had the pleasure of knowing Tony for a couple of years back in the 70s great guitarist and very gifted musician and songwriter, and smashing chap.
RIP Tony.

For me, Chris Nichol is a true Villa legend, arriving in time to get us out of Div 3 and on to the heights. His partnership with the mercurial Ian Ross was something to behold. It's more than his magical goal at Old Trafford in the 2'nd LCF Replay [of course I was there] .... I wonder what Sir Brian is thinking and feeling now? Chris Nichol was a giant of a Villa defender, a true great, I can't stress that enough. When I heard of his passing away it just numbed me. Enough. What I am so disgusted about is that yesterday, when Villa Park was attempting to commemorate the great man, a certain bunch of '*******" from a north london club could event get in position on the centre circle for the start of proceedings. Class or what - I see your true colours. RIP the great Chris Nichol - Villa Legend

For me, Chris Nichol is a true Villa legend, arriving in time to get us out of Div 3 and on to the heights. His partnership with the mercurial Ian Ross was something to behold. It's more than his magical goal at Old Trafford in the 2'nd LCF Replay [of course I was there] .... I wonder what Sir Brian is thinking and feeling now? Chris Nichol was a giant of a Villa defender, a true great, I can't stress that enough. When I heard of his passing away it just numbed me. Enough. What I am so disgusted about is that yesterday, when Villa Park was attempting to commemorate the great man, a certain bunch of '*******" from a north london club could event get in position on the centre circle for the start of proceedings. Class or what - I see your true colours. RIP the great Chris Nichol - Villa Legend
Great tribute mate. Ignore the London twats. It's only what you would expect.

The last of my late mother's generation passed away yesterday.Michael McPoland was the youngest of that group, being only four years older than me. He had been ill for quite a while. I saw him last June and, as always, he was cheerful and full of banter although obviously not a well man.
RIP Michael.
200.JPG

I decided to pop back to the beginning of this thread. I was shocked to learn how long this thread had been going.

4th September 2012 by Tubbz. I was a member back then. I don't know where Tubbz has gone too. Does anyone else know?

I don't know how many pages we have covered but it must be thousands.

Tubbz is first post was this below C & P

"With so many people dying in the last few weeks I think it's time we had a dedicated RIP Thread

1st up will be Big Mike from The Green Mile

RIP Big Man"

Bit of a tangent, as .com existed before me, but I took over in 1999 and I think you might be one of a handful Col, like 57, who go back that far.

Bit left field maybe, but I remember this one (and sadly others) pretty vividly.

May Sharon Beshenivsky rest in better peace, and her family finally find full solace after the final cowardly runaway little prick goes down.

About bloody time as well.

"Almost 20 years after PC Sharon Beshenivsky was shot and killed on her daughter's fourth birthday, the last member of the armed gang responsible for her death has been found guilty of her murder."