The Official RIP Thread | Page 197 | Vital Football

The Official RIP Thread

Last edited:
I must admit it took me a minute to cotton on to what Right Said Fred had got to do with Bernard Cribbens 🤣 My mind flew to the band first

RIP you were a lovely part of a difficult childhood. One of a few memories I can smile about

Archie Battersbee - finally he can now rest and given it's believed it was a stupid fucking online challenge that caused his injury - maybe we can focus on that to educate people?

I obviously feel for the family but feelings don't trump known scientific and medical facts and if you are going to argue more tests shouldn't take place 'because it involves moving him' don't then complain about the hospital not wanting to physically transport him in a van just cause you ask them to as a final barb to try and get your way.

My heart goes out to them, but it's time for them to grieve and stop blaming others, and thinking it's all been a conspiracy against them. Everything I've heard from the mother about his progress is absolutely natural when somebody has passed but is artificially being kept alive. Similar was true when my mom popped her clogs, dad thought it was a good sign - I said goodbye on the night and then slowly talked him down.

I hate to say it, but fewer media interviews and even a brief time spent on medical websites would've helped them.

I just hope they don't seek the press now, and the press don't seek them so they can do what they should've done months ago - accept and deal with the loss.

Archie Battersbee - finally he can now rest and given it's believed it was a stupid fucking online challenge that caused his injury - maybe we can focus on that to educate people?

I obviously feel for the family but feelings don't trump known scientific and medical facts and if you are going to argue more tests shouldn't take place 'because it involves moving him' don't then complain about the hospital not wanting to physically transport him in a van just cause you ask them to as a final barb to try and get your way.

My heart goes out to them, but it's time for them to grieve and stop blaming others, and thinking it's all been a conspiracy against them. Everything I've heard from the mother about his progress is absolutely natural when somebody has passed but is artificially being kept alive. Similar was true when my mom popped her clogs, dad thought it was a good sign - I said goodbye on the night and then slowly talked him down.

I hate to say it, but fewer media interviews and even a brief time spent on medical websites would've helped them.

I just hope they don't seek the press now, and the press don't seek them so they can do what they should've done months ago - accept and deal with the loss.
Yes completely agree, this is a tragic waste of life, the family are understandably in a dreadful place with it. They are not acting rationally and this is due to the grief and stress they are going through. The media shouldn’t be fuelling this, they are just making things worse for the family.

Yes completely agree, this is a tragic waste of life, the family are understandably in a dreadful place with it. They are not acting rationally and this is due to the grief and stress they are going through. The media shouldn’t be fuelling this, they are just making things worse for the family.

A support group called Christian Concern are involved as well. I do wonder what their exact motives are.

Little Archie's life support now turned off and he has died. RIP Archie.
Thoughts now with his family.
Also a thought for the medical staff who have had to do this. and will be suffering.