The Official Notts County Match Thread (Sponsored by Big Nev "for all your giant blue human needs") | Page 15 | Vital Football

The Official Notts County Match Thread (Sponsored by Big Nev "for all your giant blue human needs")

Fabulous team performance but can`t help an extra mention for Jonny Williams - now that is the Jonny Williams we`ve been waiting to appear for a while now. Maybe he`s fully recovered from injury - sensational from the Welshman.

Nice touch after the final whistle by Scott Malone - who actively encouraged Jorge to take the oooooh-ooooh salute !

Well done the Gills

Although he needs to work on it a bit :-)

Looking at the goals again this morning, I wonder how many of us who’d attempt Ogie’s header for the third would be waking up in hospital this morning!
It’s things like that which we need to remember - he may do some silly things at times (which we all find frustrating), but equally he can do good things that few (if any) players at our level can.

Cracking performance showing what the likes of Ehmer, Dieng and Hawkins can bring to the side without being blessed with searing pace. The better quality delivery from the likes of Hutton and Williams makes all the difference. I thought Walker gave everything as well.

Could it be because we have pace around them now.We were too pedestrian.SC has addressed that in January.It is probable that the goals will have to be shared around in this half of the campaign.As Masterson apart we probably haven't got a natural finisher.Although I am hoping that Walker , Hurtado and Andrews can prove a real handful for defence's.

Could it be because we have pace around them now.We were too pedestrian.SC has addressed that in January.It is probable that the goals will have to be shared around in this half of the campaign.As Masterson apart we probably haven't got a natural finisher.Although I am hoping that Walker , Hurtado and Andrews can prove a real handful for defence's.
I enjoy the German Gills’ output, but find him a bit creepy to be honest.

Just for a laugh, I trawled the Notts C footy mad board. A lot of comments in there sound rather like our fans when we’ve played badly.

——————————————
Very little going forward yet again, typically defensively poor and the tempo is so negative.
——————————————
Possession without chances...
——————————————
Yeah but I bet the possession stat looks great regardless of the score and defending, that’s all that matters.
—————————————-
71% Possession - 442 Passes and no plan B. Its utter tripe!!!
——————————————
Its dreadful stuff we arent moving the ball quick enough
——————————————

And a lot of comments about them having no fight, no leaders, new manager clueless etc

Not an awful lot about Gills. The best offered was that we “did a job”, defended better than them and were “streetwise” and shut the game down at 3-1. Funny, I thought we attacked and created our better chances towards the end.

Oh, and a lot of them are moaning bitterly about their terrible recruitment 😁

Just for a laugh, I trawled the Notts C footy mad board. A lot of comments in there sound rather like our fans when we’ve played badly.

——————————————
Very little going forward yet again, typically defensively poor and the tempo is so negative.
——————————————
Possession without chances...
——————————————
Yeah but I bet the possession stat looks great regardless of the score and defending, that’s all that matters.
—————————————-
71% Possession - 442 Passes and no plan B. Its utter tripe!!!
——————————————
Its dreadful stuff we arent moving the ball quick enough
——————————————

And a lot of comments about them having no fight, no leaders, new manager clueless etc

Not an awful lot about Gills. The best offered was that we “did a job”, defended better than them and were “streetwise” and shut the game down at 3-1. Funny, I thought we attacked and created our better chances towards the end.

Oh, and a lot of them are moaning bitterly about their terrible recruitment 😁
Ahhh, reading the opposition's matchday thread on their forum the day after the match is one of the best parts of modern day football 😃