The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 90 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

For sure, when we got Merson, I thought we'd got an over the hill, legs going, full of problems player who wouldn't give a damn. Wow was he good.

This one though, puzzling. Hopefully he slots in and works. I despise drink drivers though, I know it won't matter to some/many, but I know two families ruined by pricks like this. I'd not like to say what I would do to such specimens.

You flop at Burnley and Westwood is better than you though???

Last edited:
Christophe Piatek anyone. Mentioned in the Italian press apparently. Polish striker with one of the Milan clubs. Sounds a bit far fetched.

AC bought him for over £34 million last January so we wouldn't be buying him. He's had a miserable half season, only 4 goals and 0 assists in 18 games.

Glenn Whelan has left Heats by mutual consent.
Get him in on a six month deal. Love the bloke. Proper professional, works his bollocks off, will be a great mentor to the younger players, and will do a job for us.

Just read that the new incoming manager at Hearts publicly stated that Whelan wouldn't be part of his plans before even working with him. Idiot.

Can see the logic of it. We have two defensive midfielders in Nakamba and Luiz; if either gets injured we look a bit thin, and they're still learning anyway.

Don't understand the clamour for experience then the dismissive reaction when we get it. Midfield is engine room of the team and it's an area where we're a bit weak. Whether Drinkwater is the answer time will tell, but he was good at Leicester.

I'll save my scathing comments until after he has played a game for us. I honestly can't remember ever seeing him play before.

Depends whether you trust what someone read someone saying on the internet somewhere more than our scouts and club doctors I suppose.

?

You only have to look up time spent playing don't you? I'm not sure what you mean by believing what someone says on the internet. End of the day, he has flopped twice, that looks to be a fact, not an internet rumour. If he missed a lot of the time this season with Burnley through injury, then that isn't hearsay? The other things, he has convictions for , so that isn't speculation.

Not sure I totally follow that response platypus. I do love your username though, so the yin and yang of Vital Villa!!!!! lol

Don't understand the clamour for experience then the dismissive reaction when we get it.

I did wonder who would be the first to say this.

Recent experience appears to be not playing, not good enough to break into the teams, injured, turbulent off field antics.

As said, sounds ideal.

But like everyone else here, I am 100% hopeful he dazzles and adds some of the missing ingredients to our team. Maybe he will bring some fight to the team, in a positive way.

?

You only have to look up time spent playing don't you? I'm not sure what you mean by believing what someone says on the internet. End of the day, he has flopped twice, that looks to be a fact, not an internet rumour. If he missed a lot of the time this season with Burnley through injury, then that isn't hearsay? The other things, he has convictions for , so that isn't speculation.

Not sure I totally follow that response platypus. I do love your username though, so the yin and yang of Vital Villa!!!!! lol
We know he wasn't playing for Burnley but the question is why. You were replying to Fulford who'd said he'd read that he wasn't fit to play for Burnley, but I trust our club doctors enough to make that call. Maybe Burnley play shitter football than Drinkwater could adapt to.

Username? That's my actual name and a selfie.

We know he wasn't playing for Burnley but the question is why. You were replying to Fulford who'd said he'd read that he wasn't fit to play for Burnley, but I trust our club doctors enough to make that call. Maybe Burnley play shitter football than Drinkwater could adapt to.

Must cost you a fortune in disposable hankies everytime you get a cold.

I could understand Drinkwater if we had time to get him match fit but we need players to give us 90 mins now.

Ah right, got you, sorry wasn't following so thought I'd ask. I do think that some of it is just on record. And we do have a record of buying crocks don't we? But fingers crossed.

And

LOL