The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 89 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Christophe Piatek anyone. Mentioned in the Italian press apparently. Polish striker with one of the Milan clubs. Sounds a bit far fetched.

Had an absolute storming first half if the season last year with I think Genoa, scored about 20 goals then got a big money move ti Milan. Decent second half of the season with them but they've fallen apart completely this year and now they've bought in Zlatan they need Piatek to move on. Could be a real thing or far more likely could be Milan or his agent letting clubs know he's available. Seen him a couple of times on tv and he seemed decent.

As for Drinkwater I'm not against it. He's not the first to see a big money move to Chelsea not go to plan and as has been said already, Burnley don't need a midfield with the way they play. If it means seeing less of Lansbury it can only be a good thing.

Completely underwhelmed by Drinkwater.

Flopped at Chelsea.
Flopped at Burnley.
Kept out of the Burnley team by Ashley Westwood!!
Done for drink driving
Involved in a nightclub scuffle recently.
Hardly played a game of football in 18 months.

Is he really going to be an improvment on Luiz, Nakamba or Hourihane?

He seems to have built his entire reputation on 1 good season for Leicester, in whoch lets face it Henri Lansbury could have looked like Iniesta alongside N'Golo Kante.

Awful signing.

I do feel he will be this seasons Tom Carroll, but prepared to give him a chance to prove us wrong.

Having watched us against Fulham I'm sure Drinkwater would have been the star player.

We need English players with a battling mentality not some 20-year-old kids from the Belgian league or where ever. 20-year-olds are for the future no a relegation fight.

No, he's not my idea of what we should be signing but he's what we can get and need for a battle.

We aren't going to be getting Tammy Abraham and Mason Mount in January are we. Even if we can afford them

maybe we should have tried for Westie
as this star of former years wasn't good enough or enough of a battler to displace that experienced prem pro

ffs

wonder if Jack is onto his agent yet with this quality coming in ?

According to SSN neither Giroud or Batshit would join us as they didn’t have the bottle for a relegation fight.

I think its more likely that they both have several options and playing in a top half team is going to put them in the spotlight a bit more. If they end up in a relegated side it probably isnt going to enhance their chances of making their Euros squads.

Drinkwater is a no brainer, welcome aboard.

Drinkwater has no brain you mean? Convicted drink driver. ie ... scum.

Flopped at two clubs. Played, unless I've read it wrong, 54 mins for Burnley this year? Can't be match fit with that sort of time on the pitch. How is he a no brainer when he's done nothing since his move from Leicester?

And don't we have defensive midfielders? Or are they writing off the new signings already?

Bit confused by this one I have to say.

I read a few weeks ago that he couldn’t get in the Burnley team as he still wasn’t fit.
Apparently likes a drink and got injured during a night out on the piss.
Seems like a typical Villa signing.

Sounds ideal doesn't he?

As said, baffled.

Drinkwater has no brain you mean? Convicted drink driver. ie ... scum.

Flopped at two clubs. Played, unless I've read it wrong, 54 mins for Burnley this year? Can't be match fit with that sort of time on the pitch. How is he a no brainer when he's done nothing since his move from Leicester?

And don't we have defensive midfielders? Or are they writing off the new signings already?

Bit confused by this one I have to say.

I thought we had bigger priorities

According to SSN neither Giroud or Batshit would join us as they didn’t have the bottle for a relegation fight.

Makes sense, they are used to playing top end of the league and not scrapping. Shame, because you can make yourselves a hero if you take on the right challenge.

I am old enough to remember when we signed Peter Withe and most were underwhelmed at the time. \
And you can add Jimmy Rimmer (over the hill perennial reserve), Ken McNaught (big lumbering donkey) and Kenny Swain (reserve winger from Chelsea) to that list.
Every player has a team where he doesn't seem to fit in and another where he is a good fit. Lee Bowyer waxing lyrical about Andre Green is a case in point.