The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 87 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

Torygraph is reporting we won't be paying his wages "in full", so I feel a lot better knowing that. It does mean Giroud and Bats are off though.

Sounds as if we’re not paying all of his 110k a week according to Matt Law. What’s happened to this bloke? Thought he was superb for Leicester but seems to have gone off the rails....would mean Giroud or Batshyuai aren’t happening due to only being able to loan one from another club.....can he be any less effective than the likes of Lansbury was on Saturday..?! Surely not but the fact Ashley Westwood has been picked in front of him for 4 months is a concern....!

Torygraph is reporting we won't be paying his wages "in full", so I feel a lot better knowing that. It does mean Giroud and Bats are off though.

Good point, I hadnt thought about that. I did worry that they would either want to stay in London or move abroad.

Sounds as if we’re not paying all of his 110k a week according to Matt Law. What’s happened to this bloke? Thought he was superb for Leicester but seems to have gone off the rails....would mean Giroud or Batshyuai aren’t happening due to only being able to loan one from another club.....can he be any less effective than the likes of Lansbury was on Saturday..?! Surely not but the fact Ashley Westwood has been picked in front of him for 4 months is a concern....!
Apparently Burnley didn't offer enough movement up front for Drinkwater to play his game. Sounds like we still need a new striker and winger then!

Completely underwhelmed by Drinkwater.

Flopped at Chelsea.
Flopped at Burnley.
Kept out of the Burnley team by Ashley Westwood!!
Done for drink driving
Involved in a nightclub scuffle recently.
Hardly played a game of football in 18 months.

Is he really going to be an improvment on Luiz, Nakamba or Hourihane?

He seems to have built his entire reputation on 1 good season for Leicester, in whoch lets face it Henri Lansbury could have looked like Iniesta alongside N'Golo Kante.

Awful signing.

Regardless of his recent troubles ( on and off the pitch ) Danny is a proven premier league player who can make an impact given the right role and although no SJM he will add quality and experience to our midfield. Not exactly a signing that will set pulses racing but I'm quite happy with this addition.
Now we can focus on getting the other positions we need filled.
Welcome to VP Danny Boy.

Regardless of his recent troubles ( on and off the pitch ) Danny is a proven premier league player

Is he really though?

He's only made 84 Premier League starts. That's actually not a lot for someone just about to turn 30.

In comparison Ashley Westwood is a month younger and has started 186 Premier League games. Maybe we should bring him back if it's experience you're after?

One good season. You can never take that off him, they won the league for heavens sake, remarkable achievement. But has he ever looked as good when not alongside Kante?

We might not have been in for Batshuayi or Giroud at all. Just because they are easy links due to being out of favour at Chelsea doesn’t mean we have even shown an interest.

Is he really though?

He's only made 84 Premier League starts. That's actually not a lot for someone just about to turn 30.

One good season. You can never take that off him, they won the league for heavens sake, remarkable achievement. But has he ever looked as good when not alongside Kante?

I see your point DeanoVilla, but at nearly thirty he is still in his prime and perhaps a move to the REAL Claret & Blue could be just the shot in the arm his career needs? I for one am prepared to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.