The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

We'd only finish 4th though need Gary Shaw, Peter Withe and Tony Morley to win it!
Funny isn't it how that team of 77 was so much more exciting than the team of 81
I feel sorry for some of our younger supporters who have been reared on a diet of dross.
Us old uns have seen some rubbish in our time but this has been more than compensated for by the good times and Villa legends we have seen.

I feel sorry for some of our younger supporters who have been reared on a diet of dross.
Us old uns have seen some rubbish in our time but this has been more than compensated for by the good times and Villa legends we have seen.

There's a lot here who are lucky enough to witness and remember the last league win, the European cup and more.

Those under 25 have nothing. I feel extremely lucky that I at least have a couple of League Cups to remember.

It actually does make me happy to see those younger fans so passionate and involved despite never seeing any kind of success. When I was growing up I thought winning cups was going to be a regular thing.

We'd only finish 4th though need Gary Shaw, Peter Withe and Tony Morley to win it!
Funny isn't it how that team of 77 was so much more exciting than the team of 81
Find the new God and the King of Villa Park and we'll win the European Cup.

There's a lot here who are lucky enough to witness and remember the last league win, the European cup and more.

Those under 25 have nothing. I feel extremely lucky that I at least have a couple of League Cups to remember.

It actually does make me happy to see those younger fans so passionate and involved despite never seeing any kind of success. When I was growing up I thought winning cups was going to be a regular thing.

This is a great point. I envy the old man having seen the 57 FA cup, 1966 and then everything I saw - but our kids are unsung heroes, fk all to celebrate other than the playoffs and a semi final win over the bin dippers. They’re at VP every game with as much passion as we had in the glory days

I started on a high (1957 cup) and it was all down hill from there. It'll teach them stoicism, endurance, and not to take things for granted. When success comes they'll enjoy it the more. If it comes ...

Jarrod Bowen for me, please.

Plays on the right wing and can also play through the middle if short, I believe. To me, he's a better alternative than Benrahma, who's had a poor start this season.

Bowen, scored 20+ goals last season for Hull, which is some serious going for a winger, even if he was, I think, on penalties. He's had another good start this year with 4 goals and an assist in 8 games.

Fits the new regime's criteria at only 22 years old. May have to stump up a bit extra as he's a young, promising English player and we all know they come with a premium.

Newcastle and Southampton have recently been linked with him as well.

Benrahma was injured all Summer and didnt have a pre-season, he's only played the last few matches. I doubt he is back to full sharpness yet. I do like Bowen as well, but not sure I want another Championship player at this stage

I wouldnt mind us trying to nick Ben Yedder on loan in Jan. Got 30 last season at Seville and already on 5 in 6 games this year. Surely we can stump up a bigger loan fee than Monaco are.

I'd prefer we went after someone like Moussa Dembele, Mbwana Samatta, Jean Phillppe Mateta, or at a stretch and only because he can play either wing as well as centre-forward, Jean Kevin Augustin.

I'd prefer we went after someone like Moussa Dembele, Mbwana Samatta, Jean Phillppe Mateta, or at a stretch and only because he can play either wing as well as centre-forward, Jean Kevin Augustin.
I remember the good old days of the last few transfer windows where Bradley Dack (and his ilke) were regularly mentioned.....none of this foreign muck that's being suggested now :fish:.

I do think the expectation levels have gone through the roof and we need to be a bit more grounded in general. I firmly beleive that we will strengthen in Jan, but don't expect we will firstly attract the above names and secondly splash out that much cash (unless we can sell first).

I never got why we went for Ros McCormack when Moussa Dembele went to Celtic. We should have got him at that stage.

Jarrod Bowen for me, please.

Plays on the right wing and can also play through the middle if short, I believe. To me, he's a better alternative than Benrahma, who's had a poor start this season.

Bowen, scored 20+ goals last season for Hull, which is some serious going for a winger, even if he was, I think, on penalties. He's had another good start this year with 4 goals and an assist in 8 games.

Fits the new regime's criteria at only 22 years old. May have to stump up a bit extra as he's a young, promising English player and we all know they come with a premium.

Newcastle and Southampton have recently been linked with him as well.

I was saying this also during the summer when everyone was all about Benrahma. I woudl like that a lot.

Linked to Rangers forward Alfredo Morelos today: Looks like he has two good feet but I'd prefer someone more established to the English game

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...have-20-million-to-spend-on-key-man-1-5015559

I certainly wouldn't want us spending £20m on Morelos.

a) He'd be coming from the Scottish Premiership which isn't the best league in the world - yes I know SJM came from there but there is a difference in outlay.

And b) His discipline record is atrocious! He was sent off 5 times last season.

Surely we can come up with someone better than this.

Benrahma was injured all Summer and didnt have a pre-season, he's only played the last few matches. I doubt he is back to full sharpness yet. I do like Bowen as well, but not sure I want another Championship player at this stage
Oh right, fair enough, wasn't aware of that.

Personally, I'd still prefer Bowen out of the two, if it was my call. When we were strongly linked with Benrahma in the Summer I was still hoping something would materialise with Bowen instead.