The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

It will be interesting to see who if anyone comes in, I like Marv and Dougie Mingels , the keeper and Freddie. The rest the jury is out and if we are to improve we need more than just a single striker

It will be interesting to see who if anyone comes in, I like Marv and Dougie Mingels , the keeper and Freddie. The rest the jury is out and if we are to improve we need more than just a single striker

I agree I would bring in another wide player and striker no matter what happens with the current lads. I do think Trez and El Ghazi will continue to improve, with El Ghazi its the same criticism as the Championship if he was consistent we'd have a player on our hands.

We can only hope Suso and Smith are truly as confident about Wes as they made out.

I agree I would bring in another wide player and striker no matter what happens with the current lads. I do think Trez and El Ghazi will continue to improve, with El Ghazi its the same criticism as the Championship if he was consistent we'd have a player on our hands.

We can only hope Suso and Smith are truly as confident about Wes as they made out.
Agree it’s obvious where our weaknesses are - up front and out wide. That said we have scored twice against both Arsenal away and Burnley which isn’t actually that bad.

I think just having the 3 wingers is a bit short especially as it’s not like one of them is a superstar, but equally ideally we’d need to get someone better than the current bunch and I’m not sure who would be available in January

Don't think we're too badly off for wingers; Trez looks as though he could do OK, El Ghazi is improving, Jota admittedly hasn't really clicked yet, one of Guilbert or Elmo could play winger if necessary.

Do we need a traditional centre forward? If you can find a Kane or Vardy fine. If you're going to play like Burnley then someone like Woods is OK. But there are other options. Like playing another attacking midfielder. Or someone like Bent.

Don't think we're too badly off for wingers; Trez looks as though he could do OK, El Ghazi is improving, Jota admittedly hasn't really clicked yet, one of Guilbert or Elmo could play winger if necessary.

Do we need a traditional centre forward? If you can find a Kane or Vardy fine. If you're going to play like Burnley then someone like Woods is OK. But there are other options. Like playing another attacking midfielder. Or someone like Bent.
A Vardy would do for me

Jarrod Bowen for me, please.

Plays on the right wing and can also play through the middle if short, I believe. To me, he's a better alternative than Benrahma, who's had a poor start this season.

Bowen, scored 20+ goals last season for Hull, which is some serious going for a winger, even if he was, I think, on penalties. He's had another good start this year with 4 goals and an assist in 8 games.

Fits the new regime's criteria at only 22 years old. May have to stump up a bit extra as he's a young, promising English player and we all know they come with a premium.

Newcastle and Southampton have recently been linked with him as well.

Plays on the right wing and can also play through the middle if short, I believe. To me, he's a better alternative than Benrahma, who's had a poor start this season.

Bowen, scored 20+ goals last season for Hull, which is some serious going for a winger, even if he was, I think, on penalties. He's had another good start this year with 4 goals and an assist in 8 games.

Fits the new regime's criteria at only 22 years old. May have to stump up a bit extra as he's a young, promising English player and we all know they come with a premium.

Could be the new Ray Graydon

This could work. I read somewhere that his Dad's a Villa fan, but he denied (a bit too strenuously for me) that he’s also one. Always seemed to score past us - not that it’s difficult