The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread. | Page 147 | Vital Football

The Official January 2020 Transfer Window Thread.

A bit like Leicester who payed £1m to Fleetwood for Vardy. No PL experience and is now leading goal scorer and it looks like England will be begging him to come back to play at international level.
You don't always have to pay big sums or insist on PL experience.
Having said that, we often do pay big for little experience 👎
Yes but Vardy didn’t sign for £1m and then immediately become the premier league top scorer. He had 2 seasons in the championship, first season he scored a mighty 4 goals, and then in his first prem season he only scored 6 so if we want someone to hit the ground running immediately then your argument doesn’t stack up. Agree cost isn’t everything but for every cheap Vardy there are god knows how many Bowery’s, Tonev’s, Helenius’s etc, we know this from our own experience with Lambert

Ridiculous really nothing has been done in time for such an important game this weekend.

And why are we paying Kodjia to swan about, not bother training and wait for a transfer? If fit he should be ready to play if called upon. Every other striker, even when linked to a move, doesn’t down tools and disappear.
Yes piss poor to not act quicker although I imagine it has been very difficult. As for the Kodjia situation I don’t think he’s really good enough but when we literally don’t have anyone to play and we still cast him aside is a bit odd. We could have sold him after we got a replacement and still used him in the interim.

Ridiculous really nothing has been done in time for such an important game this weekend.

And why are we paying Kodjia to swan about, not bother training and wait for a transfer? If fit he should be ready to play if called upon. Every other striker, even when linked to a move, doesn’t down tools and disappear.

To be fair there are loads of players who don't play when they are waiting for a transfer to go through. Its been happening since before the PL was created.
Its more than likely we told him he could leave before the window opened, Wes going down threw a spanner in the works for everyone

Yes piss poor to not act quicker although I imagine it has been very difficult. As for the Kodjia situation I don’t think he’s really good enough but when we literally don’t have anyone to play and we still cast him aside is a bit odd. We could have sold him after we got a replacement and still used him in the interim.

Perhaps Kodjia has downed tools in case he gets injured.

He is free to talk to other clubs so would we benefit from playing someone who doesn't give a flying f*** ?

I still see Slimani on loan as the most likely addition to Samatta. If they can get Vida and N'Zonzi over the line too then along with Reina that would transform the spine of our team, which is much needed as recent performances they've looked pretty spineless.

Yeah, I'd guess Slimani or Llorente on loan are more likely than Piatek. I just hope they get one through the door in time for Watford on Tuesday. Not looking likely at the moment however.

I am wondering if there has been an almighty row and Kodjia has dug his heels in and refused to play but the club dont want this fact aired in public to put off potential buyers.
This would fit in with the so called illness story and would fit with Kodjias moody demeanour.

I really don't understand this Samatta signing at all. If he flops we go down. If he scores 15 goals and keeps us up then Man City will sign him in the summer.

Makes no sense at all. Everyone out!!!

Maybe in the beggars can't be choosers zone now?

The difference between what Fulham did and what we did is in the reasons.
Fulham spent out of choice.
We spent out of necessity because we had so many out of contract, at the end of careers, on loan.
It's a false comparison.
We chose not to renew the contracts of those players and also chose to not go back into the loan market or find cheaper options. Always thought that reason was a bit of a smokescreen to deflect if things did go wrong. And regardless of the reasons why we spent that much if we went down after spending £120-130m+ it’s poor management somewhere down the line

Madness isn`t it - biggest league in the World and all that effort to get back.

And here we are tossing around trying to get a striker in - it`s worse than a pub team.

We all said it was a crazy gamble, it is failing.

Wesley ( unproven ), Kodjia ( half arsed ) and Davis ( always injured ) - ABSOLUTE NUTS!!

We chose not to renew the contracts of those players and also chose to not go back into the loan market or find cheaper options. Always thought that reason was a bit of a smokescreen to deflect if things did go wrong. And regardless of the reasons why we spent that much if we went down after spending £120-130m+ it’s poor management somewhere down the line

The squad was always going to be overhauled whether we got promoted or not.

The fact that we got promoted just meant there was more money to spend on re shaping the squad.

Which of those that left at the end of their contract would you have kept on then?

Madness isn`t it - biggest league in the World and all that effort to get back.

And here we are tossing around trying to get a striker in - it`s worse than a pub team.

We all said it was a crazy gamble, it is failing.

Wesley ( unproven ), Kodjia ( half arsed ) and Davis ( always injured ) - ABSOLUTE NUTS!!

The manager has been backed with the 3 signings, decent quality and money. Now go out and show us Mr Smith. I agree the planning etc looks a dog’s breakfast around strikers,

I still see Slimani on loan as the most likely addition to Samatta. If they can get Vida and N'Zonzi over the line too then along with Reina that would transform the spine of our team, which is much needed as recent performances they've looked pretty spineless.

I think there is something in the Slimani rumors, we were linked with Iheanacho but Rodgers clearly has been getting a tune out of him and is in his plans. So it would seem to me they had it right we wanted someone from Leceister but they put the wrong player to the headline.

Looking like Slimani won't be happening. Who next on the list? Llorente? Or someone we haven't been linked to by our media bullshitters?