The Official Ipswich Match Thread (sponsored by Mark Saunders "for all your last minute winner needs" | Vital Football

The Official Ipswich Match Thread (sponsored by Mark Saunders "for all your last minute winner needs"

HerrLjunga

Vital 1st Team Regular
Morning one and all, match day again (note the 1.00pm kick off), this time against the Tractor Boys and their newly installed manager, Paul Cook.

Haiving unceremoniously binned the dour Paul Lambert due to a "significant difference of opinion", the club moved with indecent haste to appoint their third consecutive managerial "Paul" to be his replacement. Indeed, four of their last five managers have been called Paul. Odd.

Sitting in 7th on the magic "we're not getting relegated" 50 point total, they've won their last three on the bounce, including an away game at 'Ull, so Gills are going to have to give absolutely everything from the first whistle to get a positive result today. A slow start or poor first half could see us punished.

The match will see a return to Priestfield for Holy the Goalie, our well-liked former custodian. It's nice to see that he's established himself, but it would be good to try and exploit his weakness of low, hard shots close to him.

Apologies for the lateness of this thread, the kids have miraculously allowed me a proper lie-in, so time to get up, put the coffee and bacon on and assess the damage they've caused to each other and the house.

COYG!

The feel good factor appears to be massive judging on Radio Suffolk.We definitely need to take the wind out of their sails early doors.

Morning one and all, match day again (note the 1.00pm kick off), this time against the Tractor Boys and their newly installed manager, Paul Cook.

Haiving unceremoniously binned the dour Paul Lambert due to a "significant difference of opinion", the club moved with indecent haste to appoint their third consecutive managerial "Paul" to be his replacement. Indeed, four of their last five managers have been called Paul. Odd.

Sitting in 7th on the magic "we're not getting relegated" 50 point total, they've won their last three on the bounce, including an away game at 'Ull, so Gills are going to have to give absolutely everything from the first whistle to get a positive result today. A slow start or poor first half could see us punished.

The match will see a return to Priestfield for Holy the Goalie, our well-liked former custodian. It's nice to see that he's established himself, but it would be good to try and exploit his weakness of low, hard shots close to him.

Apologies for the lateness of this thread, the kids have miraculously allowed me a proper lie-in, so time to get up, put the coffee and bacon on and assess the damage they've caused to each other and the house.

COYG!
Like the nice tribute to the legendary Mark Saunders in the title.

Get in.

Going by audio with cuddle and Tucker mentioned I thought in was in our box at first.
Agreed mentioned Tomas Holy and Tucker on Radio Suffolk sounded like we had let in a goal especially as I had briefly walked across the other side of the room. Me being hard of hearing too.

It's Cundy by the way .Cundle left a few years ago.

Last edited:
Several match days this season, I've looked at the league table and thought to myself '' if we can just get a few results together, then ......''
I got that same thought this morning !! COYG !!