The Official Hartlepool United Match Thread (Sponsored by Slipknot "for all your monkey hanging needs") | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Official Hartlepool United Match Thread (Sponsored by Slipknot "for all your monkey hanging needs")

The biggest match we've had so far this season, a proper 'six pointer' against a team who hadnt won this season and we have no shots on target.

We are laughing stock. Two goals in ten matches. Coming off the back of last season when when we got the fewest number of league goals in our history.

I really am struggling to get on board with this notion that Harris is the 'best manager in the league' now tbh. I genuinely believe that a journeyman lower league manager would get more out of this lot.

And what on Earth has happened to the Jordan Green from the start of the season?!

Agree Jimbo. What we need now is to be stabilised by a journeyman.

2 sides out of confidence with 2 managers desperate not to lose. Harris probably the slightly happier. Unbeaten in one. That's it for the positive stuff.

Harris had a good side at Millwall and Cardiff, unfortunately he inherited a poor side at Gillingham, he slated the standards and was tasked with improving us but for me he made a horrible job of it, there are no signs of things improving and going game after game without creating anything of note is beyond alarming. He recruited the wrong players and is now out of his depth, thatā€™s certainly how I see it anyway.

Itā€™s awful, the worst forward line I can remember us having - weā€™ve been shit in the past but normally had at least one above average striker who can do the business even when the rest of the team canā€™t, but not this time.
Can only assume all the better forwards Harris would have wanted to sign were a stretch too far in wages.

At the very start of this thread I wondered what would be a preferred outcome. A shit performance but a win or really good performance and a point.

Well, we got the worst of both scenarios. I seriously cannot fathom quite how bad a bunch of professional footballers can perform. That was absolute dogshit. The only positive was a clean sheet, and fuck me we rode our luck with that fucker too. GM doing his job ably, aided by Law (off the line), 2 good blocks from Wright and a huge dose of luck in added time.

Even more bizarrely we managed to climb 2 places! 4 sides below us?! My giddy motherfucking aunt.

I do wonder where we go from here. Performances seem to be getting more disjointed. We look the proverbial ā€œpub sideā€ at the moment. I really canā€™t wait to hear what NH is gonna say about that.

Edit - massive respect to those 223 that travelled. When I was in my ā€œall over the country to watchā€ phase, at lease we had a decent side.

We keep sacking managers but it doesnā€™t seem to be getting us anywhere. We didnt get relegated last season because evens was a bad manager. He clearly isnā€™t.

The trouble is deeper that that but hopefully the club is working on that and the bigger picture has to take into account what NH is doing on the restructuring side So he should be given more time than usual. How much Iā€™m not sure to be fair though!

At the very start of this thread I wondered what would be a preferred outcome. A shit performance but a win or really good performance and a point.

Well, we got the worst of both scenarios. I seriously cannot fathom quite how bad a bunch of professional footballers can perform. That was absolute dogshit. The only positive was a clean sheet, and fuck me we rode our luck with that fucker too. GM doing his job ably, aided by Law (off the line), 2 good blocks from Wright and a huge dose of luck in added time.

Even more bizarrely we managed to climb 2 places! 4 sides below us?! My giddy motherfucking aunt.

I do wonder where we go from here. Performances seem to be getting more disjointed. We look the proverbial ā€œpub sideā€ at the moment. I really canā€™t wait to hear what NH is gonna say about that.

Edit - massive respect to those 223 that travelled. When I was in my ā€œall over the country to watchā€ phase, at lease we had a decent side.

probably something like ā€œwe need to be more clinical in the boxā€

Itā€™s awful, the worst forward line I can remember us having - weā€™ve been shit in the past but normally had at least one above average striker who can do the business even when the rest of the team canā€™t, but not this time.
Can only assume all the better forwards Harris would have wanted to sign were a stretch too far in wages.
Iā€™m beginning to think we could have Messi up front and it wouldnā€™t make a difference, what chances did we create today for front two? I know what you mean though.

The way Iā€™m feeling now Iā€™d take him :cautious:. I just want to see a side with energy and urgency. What we are watching now is the worst Iā€™ve seen in thirty years of supporting.

There is so much for concern. No game plan, no strategy, no work ethic, no quality. It is embarrassing that this manager and players have had 10 weeks playing and training together and they've managed to get worse.

So much for NH bringing the club forward and into the 21st century of the pitch. The way we're heading is out the fecking football league.

The parallels with Southend are fecking scary.

GFC needs some fecking strong leadership and some BIG decisions need to be made about the direction of the club, both on and off the pitch and stop all the dicking around, before it's too late.

PS, PF, NH it's over to you. At the moment it's fecking embarrassing all round.

We keep sacking managers but it doesnā€™t seem to be getting us anywhere. We didnt get relegated last season because evens was a bad manager. He clearly isnā€™t.

The trouble is deeper that that but hopefully the club is working on that and the bigger picture has to take into account what NH is doing on the restructuring side So he should be given more time than usual. How much Iā€™m not sure to be fair though!
But at least you need to see some sort of a performance from the team otherwise the ground will be empty so no income. I donā€™t buy this ā€˜ we should be good up front because Harris was a strikerā€™ bollocks either. If you canā€™t coach you canā€™t coach. Players that looked half decent at the start of the season look clueless now. The players we have are good enough to get us up the table. We just donā€™t have a preferred formation