The Official Forest Green Rovers | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Official Forest Green Rovers

AFC Wimbledon’s game v Crawley called off about an hour ago.

My Dons supporting mate reckons this is dodgy and more to do with the ongoing Asian Cup than a frozen pitch. We'll see who else calls off their games tomorrow.

Announcement is a bit iffy:

Though temperatures are due to increase by mid-morning on Saturday, conditions are still predicted to be low at this time, so there’s no guarantee that the pitch would be playable by 1.45 pm when it’s needed for pre-match.

Last edited:
Fair play to FGR Supporters Club. It`s information-pack for the trip to Gillingham is excellent:

Ground is covered but there is that strip down the GRS that doesn't get much sun. That's the dodgy bit for us. I really hope its on, fancy a game and no better time to play them

Simple question, not in the wxgill league. Will I be able to view a game on Iplayer from abroad (Lanzarote) on Saturday afternoon, ie FGR?

Fair play to FGR Supporters Club. It`s information-pack for the trip to Gillingham is excellent:

I’ve never seen any of the so called “famous fans” at Priestfield.

Simple question, not in the wxgill league. Will I be able to view a game on Iplayer from abroad (Lanzarote) on Saturday afternoon, ie FGR?
If you use the local WiFi it should work. But I have tried to use my UK data allowance whilst in Spain before which hasn’t worked.

I’ve never seen any of the so called “famous fans” at Priestfield.
Olly Murs supports Man Utd as did Gary Rhodes. I've never heard any real evidence Kate Garroway supports us, it's been a rumour for years but sure she is an Arsenal fan or something. Oz Clarke definitely is. Joe Wilkinson and Nick Collins are the only ones I've seen at a game before.

...apart from the bit where they list all the fines and offences our thicker fans have commited making us look thoroughly unwelcoming*

*We're actually not.
It's just bants.

Olly Murs supports Man Utd as did Gary Rhodes. I've never heard any real evidence Kate Garroway supports us, it's been a rumour for years but sure she is an Arsenal fan or something. Oz Clarke definitely is. Joe Wilkinson and Nick Collins are the only ones I've seen at a game before.
Is Nick Collins the ex SSN presenter? If so, then yes my pissed up mate always used to point him out in the blues and go and rabbit bollox to him until Nick made his excuses and ultimately left.
Never seen Joe W, but friends have.
Mr Maker (he of kids tv) usually references the gills in the Canterbury panto when he’s there. But didn’t this year. Maybe he’s fucked off to support Charlton...

Last edited:
Is Nick Collins the ex SSN presenter? If so, then yes my pissed up mate always used to point him out in the blues and go and rabbit bollox to him until Nick made his excuses and ultimately left.
Never seen Joe W, but friends have.
Mr Maker (he of kids tv) usually references the gills in the Canterbury path when he’s there. But didn’t this year. Maybe he’s fucked off to support Charlton...
Yes Nick is the SSN journalist. There was footage of him proclaiming "we did it!" after securing a draw away at Stoke to stay up in the Championship.

Forgot about Mr Maker, he's definitely Gills although I've not seen him, not that I know who I'm looking for.

Olly Murs is one of Cody McDonald’s best mates so Cody invited him to Priestfield a few times when he was here to watch him play.

Olly Murs is one of Cody McDonald’s best mates so Cody invited him to Priestfield a few times when he was here to watch him play.
That is the only explanation.

Murs is the ultimate Essex boy, played for Witham Town and follows the Premier League.

Gary Rhodes and Alan Davies were only ever connected as they went to College in Kent. Does anyone recall seeing either of them at a Gills game?

I sat next to Nick Collins at a one day Kent cricket game at Beckenham many years ago, so I know he attends Kent Sport for enjoyment. The late, great Neil Bell was nearby but in his working capacity.

Last edited:
I saw Oz Clark
I saw Oz Clarke walking down Balmoral road after an evening game once after we'd lost. I said shit game but he wasn't up for talking

That is the only explanation.

Murs is the ultimate Essex boy, played for Witham Town and follows the Premier League.

Gary Rhodes and Alan Davies were only ever connected as they went to College in Kent. Does anyone recall seeing either of them at a Gills game?

I sat next to Nick Collins at a one day Kent cricket game at Beckenham many years ago, so I know he attends Kent Sport for enjoyment. The late, great Neil Bell was nearby but in his working capacity.
mentioned in this report that Murs was at Priestfield:

Cody talks about Olly in this KM podcast:

As for others I saw Joe Wilkinson in the Medway Stand for the Charlton FA Cup match earlier this season, have seen Nick Collins numerous times over the years also Geoff Clark formerly of Meridian tv etc.

Struggling to think of any others apart from most of the TOWIE cast at White Hart Lane to watch Josh Wright when we played Spurs.

Yeah, Nick Collins is definitely Gills. Seen him up and down the country with Gills, and he’s done a few official end-of-season reviews.

Joe Wilkinson is another one who I’ve seen home and away.

I saw Oz Clark

I saw Oz Clarke walking down Balmoral road after an evening game once after we'd lost. I said shit game but he wasn't up for talking
I’ve never seen him at a Gills match, but did one of his wine tastings a few years back and chatted to him for about half an hour after (we were both hammered) about the Gills. Held up a big queue of people waiting to get his book signed and my wife had to split us up. He said he sits in the Medway Stand but only gets along a few times a season due to work commitments. Without being harsh, I’d say that he’s more an enthusiastic rather than being hardcore grizzled Medwayite fan like some of us on here.

Yeah, Nick Collins is definitely Gills. Seen him up and down the country with Gills, and he’s done a few official end-of-season reviews.

Joe Wilkinson is another one who I’ve seen home and away.
I saw Joe Wilkinson at Brentford last season and the next day he was on the radio talking about it. Have seen him in the GRS towards the RE too.