The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 220 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might not be the blood and thunder some want, but that wasn't a whimper performance. Newcastle had a small spell on top and capitalised because they are lucky fuckers.

We turned it back in our favour - that answers the spirit question for me.

The chances we missed also answers the confidence and belief one though unfortunately.

It was hardly a team looking likely to survive either, it was a pretty poor game. They are professionals, are we meant to thank them for turning it back on for 10 mins at the end of a game?

We as a team are as dull as the manager is

Time and time again, we seem to end put with average and expect to be anything but.

It is sad but it is true, this beautiful club of ours is bang average, in fact, at this level, it isn't even bang average, it has a manager way out of his depth, a team (and I did call it and got a good few slatings) with not enough experience of skill for this league and it looks like we'll pay for that.

If we don't, if we get out of jail and scrape survival, it will be time for the owners to decide what they want for Villa. If it is success, then this manager has to go and we have to pay proper money for a manager with pedigree.

I disagree mate, there's not enough credit being given for our time on top and people are harping Newcastle's limited time on top.

I'll give you it wasn't a performance that gives confidence we'll absolutely avoid the drop, but it wasn't a performance that guarantees us the drop either - it was simply a performance that says, do that for the remaining games and we have a chance.

That's why I'm not talking spirit, I'm talking confidence and belief. We should've been clear against United before they had reason to bitch, we could've stolen a point from Chelsea and been incredibly lucky and with slightly better finishing tonight was 3-1 to us if not more.

It's not book a bus tour through the City Centre, but it's an outside chance - if they can keep it up.

I got confused and thought this was the match thread, hence I replied about the match.

It isn't, it is the Dean Smith thread.

Villan57 has already - having just read back - said the same as well.

Can we please keep these threads within reasonable bounds, on topic.

We as a team are as dull as the manager is

Time and time again, we seem to end put with average and expect to be anything but.

It is sad but it is true, this beautiful club of ours is bang average, in fact, at this level, it isn't even bang average, it has a manager way out of his depth, a team (and I did call it and got a good few slatings) with not enough experience of skill for this league and it looks like we'll pay for that.

If we don't, if we get out of jail and scrape survival, it will be time for the owners to decide what they want for Villa. If it is success, then this manager has to go and we have to pay proper money for a manager with pedigree.

Problem there is, and I'll use Rodgers as I know you wanted us to move heaven and earth for him.

What could he have done differently in the market given our FFP position in terms of trying to better ensure survival, but also ensure we weren't completely fucked if we went back down. This year was always a tide over of trying to put foundations back in place and that's how it's played out as we are still in the mix and should be better off than we are, even if it has never been great.

I got confused and thought this was the match thread, hence I replied about the match.

It isn't, it is the Dean Smith thread.

Villan57 has already - having just read back - said the same as well.

Can we please keep these threads within reasonable bounds, on topic.

PMSL - I hadn't noticed either. Oops.

Smith blaming Konsa for the goal doesn’t reflect well on Smith. Targett was typically powder puff, Mings came right over and did nothing, Hause was totally out of position leaving Konsa to try to deal with Gayle and the other Newcastle player beyond him. Publically singling out Konsa :wagging:

Smith blaming Konsa for the goal doesn’t reflect well on Smith. Targett was typically powder puff, Mings came right over and did nothing, Hause was totally out of position leaving Konsa to try to deal with Gayle and the other Newcastle player beyond him. Publically singling out Konsa :wagging:

Redacted

Last edited:
Seriously done with him, win, lose, draw I don't give a fuck anymore, a win means he has borrowed time, fuck even a draw and his job is safe. I wish I could get a job as being a failure, I'd be a billionaire if I was Smith.

There's a lot of negativity on here and it's almost as if you are willing it to happen just so you can wear the tee shirt lol.

I think you're pulling my leg, because what although I've consistently pointed out Dean is not up to the job at PL level, nothing would please me more than if we pulled off a few flukey wins and stayed up.

The problem is it is increasingly difficult to see where those are going to come from as the games run out very quickly...

Every match makes it more difficult to defend him.

Fresh from the Keinan Davis experiment which has now been dropped for the Samatta experiment, until it goes to rat shit and we go to the Davis and Samatta experiment.

3 months to sort this out and we are literally just muddling through in a 10 game relegation play off.

The time to go for it and play 2 upfront was Sheff Utd and Newcastle. You could then argue that one up top was more appropriate against Chelsea. Wolves are every bit as good as Chelsea so I cannot see a 2 up top scenario in that game. Any intent to change and go for it would have been shown in Sheff Utd game having had the 3 months to reflect and work on it. But now instead of working on that system before the restart we are having to adapt to it after 3 games back ?.

Complete muddled and desperate management. He just doesn't seem to be clear in his thinking and hasn't adapted his approach at all.

IF by some fluke we stay up it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference to me and he should be released with a thank you and all the best in the future somewhere else.

To do otherwise would just be a continuation of the same failure and confusion from a man in football terms, out of his league.

My forum, my rules, if you don't like the harping, you can do what you'd like Smith to do.

No need for that post South Side.

Sorry no need for the rudeness, I'm just really done with Smith, took Grealish out my fantasy team, his head is at Manure, he'll flop like Pogba because OGS is an idiot.

Dean has been found out way back in Nov/ Dec last year, everything since then, before and after lockdown has merely confirmed he's well and truly out of his depth at this level.

Why on earth you'd give him another go in either Champs or PL I don't know, there's really no point as it leads nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.