The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 87 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone should be put under pressure for where we are it should be Pitarse.

The recruitment policy is seriously flawed.

Serves me right for logging on to the thread. Unbelievable how some jump on the panic button as soon as we hit a sticky patch. A year ago we were a struggling championship club. We've come a hell of a long way since. OK we're struggling a bit now but we are definitely superior to 4 or 5 other sides - and we're in a cup quarter final this week.

Wes has been the only big failure so far for me, but even he has time to adapt still.

Again, I don't believe we only had our eyes on him either but one window is nowhere near enough, regardless of our current form - we just have to make the most of the more winnable games we are now in. But we knew that already.

If anyone should be put under pressure for where we are it should be Pitarse.

The recruitment policy is seriously flawed.

I'm interested; how is it flawed?

Do you agree that at the end of last season we had a number of ageing players who needed to be pensioned off, that in addition to that we had a number of players on loan who needed to be replaced, and the squad depth needed to be boosted so that we had cover for every position?

If agree, how do you think the £120m should have been spent, given the number of players we needed?

Oh and btw, I might - as these owners are new in, so no long track record yet- have had suspicions as to whether Dean would be under pressure of the sack (or not), if we were/are bottom three by xmas, or early New Year.

But they aren't the sort, I don't think (I have to recognise I've just said they have no track record!) to give a new contract out, which I assume was to take away talk of pressure, only to sack the manager at what I would assume, new contract wise, would be far greater expense.

Billionaires are billionaires for a reason, main reason, they don't throw money away.

The earliest DS's future comes up for debate is next summer when they see who else is available in my humble.

If we stay up, it's job done, he's brought himself more time especially as it means we'll have seen improvements in the second half of the year.

If we go down, it's been planned for as we were 12 months ahead and needed such a rebuild. It comes more into thoughts then I would imagine, but only if a stellar name/up and coming presumed managerial genius made good overtures for us.

Dear all,

Please forgive me if I offend anybody but I'm not even going to bother reading the comments on this thread since yesterday afternoon. I'm not going to read the comments on the Sheffield United match thread either I'm pretty sure I know what the general thrust will be.

In 1975 I saw Aston Villa get promoted from the old second division into the first division. In the 75/76 season we finished 4 places above the relegation spots, it wasn't an easy season, we failed to win a single game away from home that year.

I wonder how many of you would have been saying that the side weren't good enough, Ron Saunders was clueless and should have been sacked mid seasons?

Just a thought

Melon Donkey opens the door walks into the room. Sees that someone is suggesting Smith be gone in 2 games time. Looks, turns his head slightly to one side, like a dog does when its trying to work out what that funny noise being made is . Shakes his head. Walks from the room closing the door behind.

BTW.

Between 20th December and 14th February that season , our results were as follows:
L, W, L, D, L, D, D, L, L L

THINK ABOUT IT

Status
Not open for further replies.