The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 260 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i remember when everyone was sort of content with the 1pt a game would give us 38pts but now it's dropped to half a point we are 6 points short of where we should be , that could be just 2 extra goals scored or 2 less conceded that's how close it is.
Burnley who we have taken 4 points off and who have a -8 GD are 9th? , the world is mad
We’ve got the second worse goals let in as a result of mistakes - 10. That would have made a difference too.

"However, for the first time this season, Smith has blamed Villa's costly slow start down to new recruits "taking a while" to get up to the required fitness and standard level in the Premier League - and also revealed how he never quite envisaged being in a relegation scrap."
Above is a quote from an article I read this morning, re Dean blaming our slow start on the influx of new signings at the beginning of the season, the question I would like to ask if that's the case, is..... If we had a slow start, what does he call our finish ?? which looks ending in our relegation!!!!

That whole interview is just garbage excuses. Atrocious that he thinks it takes players this long to get fit ffs. This is the same manager who put Drinkwater in against Man City when he hadn't played in about 2 years. Does Smith actually know what fitness is? He obviously isn't up to it and has no idea what is required to manage a premier league team. Luckily for Smith we will soon be a Championship team.

So it was Samatta tonight then.

New song for Smith .

You put Samatta in, take Davis out
In out, in out, moving strikers all about .
It makes no bloody difference cos we still don't score.
Thats not what it's all about .Oi !

Oh we're a fcuking shambles

So it was Samatta tonight then.

New song for Smith .

You put Samatta in, take Davis out
In out, in out, moving strikers all about .
It makes no bloody difference cos we still don't score.
Thats not what it's all about .Oi !

Build on that and I'll frontpage it you utter Lemon lol

Smith has said that depending on other results, we'll see if Sunday's game is "must win or not"

I don't know Deano, I think they're all must win at this stage mate.

It's not like Bournemouth have just moved ahead of us is it?

200w.gif

Strikes me Wes Edens isn't a patient sort of bloke. He's not stupid; he knows that things can take time. But he said himself he wants things done yesterday. There are pluses he can take from the last couple of years. The run to promotion was definitely one. And it would have been nice to be at Wembley again in the cup. But against that our current situation wasn't in the plan; we've gone off the rails, badly.

So he and Nassef will be asking themselves how to get back on track. Whether we stay up or go down there will be something to build on, and they know better now what doesn't work. But I can't see how DS will come out of this with any sort of credit. Or not enough to take us forwards.

Come next season I hope we start off with a better balanced, more experienced squad. And a manager who can really make something of it. There are other options out there.

And the ridiculous thing, we've tried it before and it didn't work and others have as well. What were the few of us banging about (and getting slated!) at the start of the season. NO EXPERIENCE. This is not rocket science is it?
I wonder if any Crystal Palace fans would swap Cahill for Mings?

Regardless of whether Smith stays or not next season. I would 100% like a good experienced assistant manager to come in to replace Terry, keep him on as another coach or whatever if you must but I don't think he has the nous at the moment to be in the position that he's in certainty not at Premier League standard.

I just don't see him as being an analytical sort who is organised enough to do this role. I can't comment on specifics because, well, I don't actually have any insight as to what he does. But I get the impression that he kind of rocks up to Bodymoor Heath tells players to play like him and doesn't really try and help to understand the opposition, and really understand how to neutralise the dangerous players you come up against week in week out. It all reminds me a bit of Tony Adams' brief stint as Portsmouth manager.

Regardless of whether Smith stays or not next season. I would 100% like a good experienced assistant manager to come in to replace Terry, keep him on as another coach or whatever if you must but I don't think he has the nous at the moment to be in the position that he's in certainty not at Premier League standard.

I just don't see him as being an analytical sort who is organised enough to do this role. I can't comment on specifics because, well, I don't actually have any insight as to what he does. But I get the impression that he kind of rocks up to Bodymoor Heath tells players to play like him and doesn't really try and help to understand the opposition, and really understand how to neutralise the dangerous players you come up against week in week out. It all reminds me a bit of Tony Adams' brief stint as Portsmouth manager.
I just don't see Smith voluntarily changing his assistant. If Terry goes, which he likely will, then he'll install O'Kelly back to being his number two....

Status
Not open for further replies.