The Official Dean Smith Thread | Page 198 | Vital Football

The Official Dean Smith Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those that can - do; those that can’t, teach...
As a teacher I hear this comment quite frequently. If this were true then there would not be a requirement for people to teach at all and everyone would just learn experientially.
So when you go into hospital for heart surgery, don't be worried when the surgeon says to you "I have never performed this type of operation before, I have never attended any classes or read any books. But don’t worry, if it all goes wrong this time around, I will be better prepared for the next patient."

As a teacher I hear this comment quite frequently. If this were true then there would not be a requirement for people to teach at all and everyone would just learn experientially.
So when you go into hospital for heart surgery, don't be worried when the surgeon says to you "I have never performed this type of operation before, I have never attended any classes or read any books. But don’t worry, if it all goes wrong this time around, I will be better prepared for the next patient."

Great example. Would I want the academic medical professor who has never been near a theatre or the doctor who yes studied but then spent the last 20 years actually performing the procedure rather than talking about it?

That’s the distinction I’m making, don’t get confused :loser:

I don't see anything in the press about Farke getting one game to save his job or Pearson being given until the end of the season and if relegated he will be bulleted and both of those clubs could go down. So why are the shitehawks of the press on Dean Smith's back?
Any Villa fan who is really being honest would admit that 17th this season would be an achievement especially after the crap that was around last summer. We can still do that - the game is called football!! Anything can happen and that is why betting companies love their involvement. Who would have bet on the Dippers being out of Europe on 94 minutes last night?
Listening to Klopp on the radio this morning moaning about decisions, style of play, individual errors and bad luck was just like listening to any other manager in the PL. Are the Scouse management going to sack Klopp after the quadruple became the single. Are the PL going to award them the title whilst it is still mathematically possible for Citeh to catch them? I remember Yanited celebrating winning the title only for Citeh to steal it in added time.
It is football and until we are mathematically relegated let's forget the talk about sacking the manager and getting behind him and the team. You just never know - ask Jurgen or Sir Chewalot.
VTID and in Dean Smith I trust.

I can only speak for myself when I hoped that we'd survive this season at all costs - and at the moment we're still in the Prem and with a (long) shot of survival.
It's still in our own hands and we can still survive.
Now, same as the beginning of the season, I'd take 17th.

However, for me, it's the manner of how we're playing and the lack of a system that's done it for me.
We look like we've given up and, at best, can only switch it on for a small period of time each game.

Because of our now lack of effort and our roll-over-and-give-up-manner; for that reason, Dean, I think you should have a bit of self-awareness and just go.

No thanks, I prefer it in the real world.

He’s not a good one, he’s not even average. Walsall was probably his level, he’s so far out of his depth in the PL.
Well he did well for his level getting a shite villa squad promotion but I suppose you cheered his name then that you now scorn.
I can’t see the point in sacking him as he’s one of the best managers to get us back up if, yes if we do go down.
we are that shite but win our game in hand and it’s in our own hands staying up.

I don't see anything in the press about Farke getting one game to save his job or Pearson being given until the end of the season and if relegated he will be bulleted and both of those clubs could go down. So why are the shitehawks of the press on Dean Smith's back?
Any Villa fan who is really being honest would admit that 17th this season would be an achievement especially after the crap that was around last summer. We can still do that - the game is called football!! Anything can happen and that is why betting companies love their involvement. Who would have bet on the Dippers being out of Europe on 94 minutes last night?
Listening to Klopp on the radio this morning moaning about decisions, style of play, individual errors and bad luck was just like listening to any other manager in the PL. Are the Scouse management going to sack Klopp after the quadruple became the single. Are the PL going to award them the title whilst it is still mathematically possible for Citeh to catch them? I remember Yanited celebrating winning the title only for Citeh to steal it in added time.
It is football and until we are mathematically relegated let's forget the talk about sacking the manager and getting behind him and the team. You just never know - ask Jurgen or Sir Chewalot.
Simple, Norwich show fight, and play better football, and are doing everything they can to stay up, and they’re Norwich!........on the other hand we’ve given up, Smith is clueless how to change things, and they’re not playing for him.
I said earlier, 36 goals against in the last 14 league games, he’s not improving us, we’ve got worse as the seasons gone on, so what makes you think now that we’re about to go on some magnificent run, he won’t even go with 2 up front and jack behind them as a CAM to try and counter the open goal at the other end? Sometimes in war you have to stop defending and attack.

17th would have been job done, I agree on that.

I am however 100% convinced we won't get that under Smith. The performances of the last 2 months back up my opinion.

The issues we've suffered with all season have not improved... In fact they've got worse.

How can you see the way we're playing and give us a chance of staying up? Baffles me. Just complete blind hope.

Only thing that's gonna give us a chance of scraping 17th now is a new man with new ideas who can shore up a leaky defence. Something Smith & Co have had 28 games to do and somehow managed to make even worse.

He has to go. Otherwise we're gone.

Purslow wasn't targeting 17th place that's for sure, I don't think as near to 6th as possible equates to 17th even in the most ardent Villa spin doctors book.

I think he'll be gone if we don't beat Chelsea

Agree we are not dead yet.But recruitment has been poor and Dean's tactics have been naieve.But Smith did, somehow,get us to the promised land. We lost our star striker and replaced him with Wes. We lost the combination of Mings and Tuanzabe,then two of our best four players were sidelined,namely Mcginn and Heaton. On balance, Dean remains in credit for me. We may yet survive and he will have learned that playing Ossie Ardilles style doesn't cut the mustard at this level. Still six clubs in the relegation rat race so keep the faith,roar the boys on(Virus permitting),the inquest comes in May. VTID.

Agree we are not dead yet.But recruitment has been poor and Dean's tactics have been naieve.But Smith did, somehow,get us to the promised land. We lost our star striker and replaced him with Wes. We lost the combination of Mings and Tuanzabe,then two of our best four players were sidelined,namely Mcginn and Heaton. On balance, Dean remains in credit for me. We may yet survive and he will have learned that playing Ossie Ardilles style doesn't cut the mustard at this level. Still six clubs in the relegation rat race so keep the faith,roar the boys on(Virus permitting),the inquest comes in May. VTID.
Probably the most balanced post I've read for a while. We cant buy so badly and expect to compete. I'm a smith backer/sympathiser but unfortunately we have zero chance of surviving with things as they stand. The only very slight/very very slight chance we have is new manager bounce. And if the club think Terry taking over is the answer were even more doomed.

Nothing would make me smile more than a Villa supporting manager leading us, but reality is that football is a money orientated business thanks to greed merchants like Sky selling the game by the pound back to the fans for an extortionate price. Premier League is where the money is and if Villa want to be feeding at the pig trough with the other big clubs, then the be all and end all is stay at all costs in the top flight. Sentimentality has no place now, Edens and Sawaris are not at Villa cos it looks like a nice fun place to be, they mean business. They have invested heavily in this club and are the kind of wealthy backers every club wants. They will want to protect their investment and if the axe has to swing it will. Whether that is now or later only they have the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.