The Official Barrow Match Thread (Sponsored by Ennui "for all your weariness and dissatisfaction needs") | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Official Barrow Match Thread (Sponsored by Ennui "for all your weariness and dissatisfaction needs")

It will become a little clearer on Tues night if Crawley and Walsall lose their games in hand, we still have a chance, it's a longshot, but sometimes longshots come in.
Reminds me of our playoff final at wembley when we beat Shrewsbury in the final having been the lowest team in the playoffs AND having been slaughtered by them 7-0 earlier in the season. If we do manage to get the last p/o spot, I might just put a shilling on them getting promoted.

Reminds me of our playoff final at wembley when we beat Shrewsbury in the final having been the lowest team in the playoffs AND having been slaughtered by them 7-0 earlier in the season. If we do manage to get the last p/o spot, I might just put a shilling on them getting promoted.
Finished 5th that season as our play off Semi 2nd leg was at home to Rochdale

It was Shrewsbury who finished 7th

We really need to win at Mansfield and then see where that takes us. We will know after that whether there’s still a chance going into the last game and what would be needed.
Fail to beat Mansfield and I think it will be all over.

Comfortable home win against one of the top sides albeit one in indifferent current form.

Sending off, which was a stone wall red, was a game changer. Hope Walker is ok after that clattering.

Josh Andrews impressed me & clearly offers more mobility than Hawkins. Reminds me somewhat of Peter Withe. For those of a certain vintage.

Excellent game management second half. Barrow really only threatened from set pieces.

Mahoney yet again showed his technical excellence but just wish he could produce more often. Williams J was extremely busy & influential.

Play off dream remains alive. Just. Sense of frustration though that had we played like this at home more often this season our play off spot would be safely secured by now.

Will be some fans who see this as a vindication of Clemence. Others will rebut with one swallow etc. For the rest of the campaign hopefully differences are out aside for the common goal of achieving a play off spot.
Spoke to a stretcher bearer at half time who said Walker was on his feet again back in the changing rooms.

We really need to win at Mansfield and then see where that takes us. We will know after that whether there’s still a chance going into the last game and what would be needed.
Fail to beat Mansfield and I think it will be all over.
If Mansfield win mid-week they’re up, we can then go and spoil the party…

Nice sunny day and some goals to cheer at last. Bragging rights at work for a bit as well.

Barrow looked an average side and the early red probably dictated the game.

Nice to see Mahoney play well, if he could deliver consistently then worth a deal.

Walked to the ground with a nice lady from Barrow. Turns out her boyfriends dad was one mark o'connor who speaks with fondness of his time at the club, all apart from someone called scally she said. Made me smile.

All in all a good day and our work Whatsapp is mine to laud over for a bit.

It would be nice if the doncaster game had something riding on it but I suspect not.

Fucking get in 👍 Credit to Jonny Williams and Mahoney after I’ve been calling for them to be binned.
which is pretty much the point we've all been making Trev.

when all play as we know they can (in particular these two today) we are a match for anyone in the division. barrow, although hardly convincing up at their place, were brushed aside easily today. Let's not pretend that the red was the reason for our win. we were the better side and created a few good chances even before that.

As the guy next to me said " where was that performance all season? why wasn't it 3 weeks ago? Why now when its all too late?"

after considering binning it off today, really pleased I didn't. Thoroughly enjoyable day out in the sunsheeeeeiiiiine.

UTG

I missed all 3 goals as I was in Bromley waitrose loading up on whispering angel

🙄
Ooh, you're posh. What's wrong with the Lidl up the High Street?

Can add the excellent fruit and veg stall outside Poundland too.

You and your fancy Chislehurst ways. Remember your roots.
;)