The Official Android Thread | Page 31 | Vital Football

The Official Android Thread

In my mind the lack of expandable storage was always a big problem with all iPhones.

The S2 is rock solid. Check out the drop tests from a search on Google. Just because it feels light doesn't mean it isn't strong or well built. Everyone who has held mine has just gone "wow".

Villan Of The North - 22/12/2011 20:41

How do you like my new sig Bob? :17:

LOL. I did look at it and see the potential, but thought what the hell, give someone a fun moment. Thanks for not letting me down. :13: :13: :13: :13:

Anyway, it's true both ways. :100: :100: :156: :156:

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 22/12/2011 20:07

In my mind the lack of expandable storage was always a big problem with all iPhones.

The S2 is rock solid. Check out the drop tests from a search on Google. Just because it feels light doesn't mean it isn't strong or well built. Everyone who has held mine has just gone "wow".

The lack of expandable storage, for most people, is a perceived limitation, rather than an actual one, very few people will get near filling 16GB on a phone in its lifetime. There will always be those that do, and for those the iphone or Nexus is not for them!

I'm not debating the actual quality of the S2, but in comparison the build quality of the equivalent HTCs or even Sonys (although the Arc is similarly light, it somehow feels a tad stronger) seems a little better. I was similarly wowed by it, I recommended by best friend get one, which she did, and is very happy with. I've had people buy them from me for cash (about £500 at the time iirc) and also be very happy, which is a totally different kettle than if you get given it on a contract.

I just wish they had, like I said, spent a little bit more on the materials, perhaps included a bit of aluminium in the body of the phone or something, to make it feel that little bit more premium, then it would be a nigh on perfect phone, as opposed to an extraordinarily good one.

Which are the best websites to use to search for 'free' (usually paid for) apps?

I want Golf Shot and Grand Theft Auto for my Nexus. I've downloaded ES Explorer onto my phone as per Heaths instructions and set it up so it can see a public folder on my laptop, but where do I get the APK files from?

http://www.ipmart-forum.com/forumdisplay.php?801-Android-Games

You will need to register

This is where I get all my stuff from

Cheers Tubbzy. Loving Ice Cream Sandwich by the way. So smooth. Then again it wouldnt be hard to improve on the old HTC Hero.

Ok So next question....

I get that I need to download the apk, but what are all the others and which do I need?

APK:
http://www.filesonic.com/folder/17347225

SD data :
Adreno :

Tegra 2:

PowerVR :

Mali :

Backup Folder For APK + SD :

Well that makes me feel a bit better I guess. lol

All those links are in the GTA3 thread. I dont know what they are though.

Is the APK usually enough?

DeanoVilla - 29/12/2011 21:40

randy.stand - 29/12/2011 21:35

Why don't you buy it?

Why pay for something when you can get it free? Next you'll be telling me to legally download my music.

Lol, i dunno, i find it so frustrating and time consuming trying to get things for free so i end up just paying for stuff.

Android legends.. Lend me your ears...

My mate has a HTC Desire HD and uses Gmail calandar on it.. He has an EasyTab Android tablet now and for some reason cannot sync the emails from Gmail to the device.

Any ideas?

Prepared - 29/12/2011 22:34

Android legends.. Lend me your ears...

My mate has a HTC Desire HD and uses Gmail calandar on it.. He has an EasyTab Android tablet now and for some reason cannot sync the emails from Gmail to the device.

Any ideas?

Don't know

azreal13 - 23/12/2011 10:58

HeathfieldRoad1874 - 22/12/2011 20:07

The lack of expandable storage, for most people, is a perceived limitation, rather than an actual one, very few people will get near filling 16GB on a phone in its lifetime. There will always be those that do, and for those the iphone or Nexus is not for them!

I'm not debating the actual quality of the S2, but in comparison the build quality of the equivalent HTCs or even Sonys (although the Arc is similarly light, it somehow feels a tad stronger) seems a little better. I was similarly wowed by it, I recommended by best friend get one, which she did, and is very happy with. I've had people buy them from me for cash (about £500 at the time iirc) and also be very happy, which is a totally different kettle than if you get given it on a contract.

I just wish they had, like I said, spent a little bit more on the materials, perhaps included a bit of aluminium in the body of the phone or something, to make it feel that little bit more premium, then it would be a nigh on perfect phone, as opposed to an extraordinarily good one.

i am currently use iphone 3gs i only use 2.0gb out of 6gb ( 8gb iphone 3gs) p.s. i not use music cos i use it for sat nav, photo & video, sms, internet, watch sky go (sky sports + espn when i go out), app that all.. useless i add same games i alway download games i never use or get bored with it and i remove cos i know i can get it back anytime via icloud for free nothing to worry... i am sure android have same system.

i am due to upgrade, i was temp use galaxy nexus cos it very good all-round specific.... for 500 pounds with 24 - 27 pounds with insurance which best deal for me (beside pay for handset) cos current i pay 47 pounds per months!!! also can quit or sold and get new phone any time..... s2 is great phone i like it it just 400 pounds which very good price with upgrade ICS in feb - march... i also was consider upgrade with s2 with pay handset ie 100 pounds (rough it) and about 25-30 pounds (rough) + 7 pounds insurance for s2 which very good price..... it is so so hard to me decision... please help me these...

i am temp wait for Samsung S3....

for me i find phone not need SD card if u own 16gb it is MORE MORE MOER Enough for everyone...

beside tablet cos i think tablet ideal for watch rip your dvd\blu-ray (it is legal to rip your dvd\blu-ray as u buy it anyway - if u keep it for yourself) or download torrent for FREE (legal to download any torrent useless it is illegal for u put torrent to give away dvd\blu-ray rip to anyone for free) and games, etc etc etc....16gb + sd card prefect for me... ( i temp get asus transformer (TF) 1 or 2 - ethier are very good tablet useless if u want go games so pick TF2 indeed )

i think it is shame see Motorola Xoom (1) i find it very good potenial tablet to beat ipad 2 from start - SD read only (current) it is shame see they throw away potenial to best market from start... where asus can write and read SD card)

P.S. any recommed to me, many thanks...

p.p.s. i find iphone is now waste money and silly price contract every months.. and ios 5 is bored to me easy and limit custom not as android phone.... hope u not find offense that i become iphone hater - i am iphone user for 2 years... (App resiction and expensive to pay) where android and windows phone can get best deal sms and internet for half price or 3x less that iphone for same specification or purpose "smartphone"