The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 48 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

He's not going to bust a gut and get injured playing for us knowing he'll be gone for good when the season ends.

It was a shit job he was offered yesterday at 0-2 down replacing Tielemans who was completely ineffective when we actually had a chance of winning. At least he’s got a physical presence and might consider himself to be hard done by not even coming on during a poor performance against Ajax until 75th minute and obviously not rated by Unai.

It was a shit job he was offered yesterday at 0-2 down replacing Tielemans who was completely ineffective when we actually had a chance of winning. At least he’s got a physical presence and might consider himself to be hard done by not even coming on during a poor performance against Ajax until 75th minute and obviously not rated by Unai.
Same applies to all the subs that came on. The game had gone at 2 nil. We'd lost the plot.

Hung out to dry yesterday playing left midfield, not something he'd do in and 11 a side game never mind with 10 men.
Obviously, he's a better player than we have seen, He's a current Italian international.
I think like Diaby after his initial start to the season something has sapped all the confidence out of him because neither is a bad player.

Zaniolo’s got a physical presence and we need a bit more of that in the team. Surely he’s going to have to have more time with McGinn our battler out.

Unfortunately he’s so left footed and doesn’t have any pace - even keeping up with Kulusevski was tough to watch - playing him as a wide, left midfield was a disaster as it’s not like he can get past players to then whip a ball in.

I try not to be too reactive in player threads, but he looked like he didn’t give too many shits and looked more leggy than the players who had been on the field for an hour or so before him. The pace of the game was quick, but that’s the premier league, he should be used to that by now.

I dislike it when he does that thing where turns with the ball into players and loses it. Although I didn’t notice it yesterday, it’s a bad trait of his that he needs to work as it’s too costly in this league when we need to keep possession.

I don’t think he’s improved since what was a promising start, to which he played a role in some bigs wins. I was reading a link about a potential conditional buy clause at the start of this thread, but I think I’d be disappointed at this stage if we did buy him even if that conditionality is met.

I don't think he offers any presence, he's so weak on the ball. I've never seen a player of his size lose so many challenges that are like 75%-25% in his favour.
As I said when he first signed he's 6ft 3in Buendia, obviously he has got worse and Buendia gets better every game he misses.

Unfortunately he’s so left footed and doesn’t have any pace - even keeping up with Kulusevski was tough to watch - playing him as a wide, left midfield was a disaster as it’s not like he can get past players to then whip a ball in.

I try not to be too reactive in player threads, but he looked like he didn’t give too many shits and looked more leggy than the players who had been on the field for an hour or so before him. The pace of the game was quick, but that’s the premier league, he should be used to that by now.

I dislike it when he does that thing where turns with the ball into players and loses it. Although I didn’t notice it yesterday, it’s a bad trait of his that he needs to work as it’s too costly in this league when we need to keep possession.

I don’t think he’s improved since what was a promising start, to which he played a role in some bigs wins. I was reading a link about a potential conditional buy clause at the start of this thread, but I think I’d be disappointed at this stage if we did buy him even if that conditionality is met.
Looks completely disillusioned tbh. Lost the ball, threw his arms in the air and couldn't be bothered to track back and win the ball back. It wasn't going unnoticed by the crowd either. So contrary to belief it isn't just about a few 'trolls' on here expressing their opinion on a player.

I don't think he offers any presence, he's so weak on the ball. I've never seen a player of his size lose so many challenges that are like 75%-25% in his favour.
Wesley was the last, though he often decided to go to purposely ground when he was under pressure.

Really? Haven't seen anyone talking about Buendia for months. Are you for real?
Yes, the last time I looked I was real. Can't mention him on here as it's the Zaniolo thread, who seems to have taken over as the "hate" figure even though Unai has consigned him to the bench and he's only on loan.

I've always thought Buendia was a decent player and he certainly would be useful right about now. Based on what I've seen he's much better than Zaniolo.

It would have been great to have Buendia as an option this season, he's far more capable of making an impact than Zaniolo has been.

I don't know what's happened Zaniolo, he looked a decent player but he doesn't look like anything anymore. I wonder if the betting scandal had any affect on him.

I don't know what's happened Zaniolo, he looked a decent player but he doesn't look like anything anymore. I wonder if the betting scandal had any affect on him.
I've given up on him and it feels like he is just making up the numbers. Take away the fact Emi2 still has to come back. Rogers getting signed in January looks like a decision has been made on Nico's future.

Zaniolo will keep getting some game time and he'll get the nod over Rogers because he is a bit more ready and experienced. That shouldn't fool anyone into thinking he is going to be here long term.

He probably needs to go back to Italy and be the star man for Brescia or Empoli for a season or two.