The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread | Page 46 | Vital Football

The Nicolò Zaniolo Thread

Bailey showed that match winning quality in fits and starts. Zaniolo has never shown anything.

I was excited about his signing. I didn't think Buendia had enough penetration or goals to command such an important role in the team and Zaniolo could be the one. Sadly, it wasn't to be.
I think at the start he was very unlucky (or poor) with his finishing and it gradually sapped his confidence, he had his own song and was willed to do well.
Bailey starting to play better and the extra security of Tielemans plus his injuries has seen him off, add to that Rogers is the same 6ft 3 player positionally and it all points to Zanny on his bike. Thanks but no thanks

Yes I'll give him this, he's the best I've ever seen at coming on, taking a terrible touch with his first bit of action and then getting booked within 5 minutes. Masterful.

29 appearances, 2 goals, no assists. TEN BOOKINGS!.
When we were told he ‘offered something different’ I’m not sure the sum total of that was meant to mean he would be quadruple on bookings above goal contributions:lol:.

Listen I’m not going to write him off completely as he is here until we get rid in the summer. And he might just do something like fall over onto the ball and it trickle in last minute in Athens or to clinch the title . So need to get behind him still for now .

Not a scape goat, just utterly shit. :ROFLMAO:.

When we were told he ‘offered something different’ I’m not sure the sum total of that was meant to mean he would be quadruple on bookings above goal contributions:lol:.

Listen I’m not going to write him off completely as he is here until we get rid in the summer. And he might just do something like fall over onto the ball and it trickle in last minute in Athens or to clinch the title . So need to get behind him still for now .

Ten bookings... no wonder we've lost so much money paying the fines as I guess it's more than the £6 we got charged when I played Sunday league 🤣🤣🤣

It’s actually quite suspicious given the allegations against him last year

Not excusing the other 9 but the booking last night was completely ridiculous. He literally never touched the bloke and he went down holding his throat like he'd been chopped by Bruce Lee.

Nice run and cross at the end that on another day Ollie would have poked home.
He's without doubt been a disappointment overall but he's shown flashes of what he's about. Convinced he'll do well in Italy when he goes back there which is what I assume will happen next season.

If we end up securing Champions League football by a point come the end of the season then his last gasp header against Sheff United could be worth millions on its own.

Well he's been pushed further down the pecking order by Rogers so I'd rather go by what Unai thinks of him with all due respect.

Yes lets see what Unai thinks, he'll have learned more about Rogers for example based on the games at Luton (subbed on and off) and last night in Amsterdam (didn't think he did much).

Yes lets see what Unai thinks, he'll have learned more about Rogers for example based on the games at Luton (subbed on and off) and last night in Amsterdam (didn't think he did much).
That was my point. Zaniolo being pushed further down the pecking order is an indication of what Unai thinks.

Rogers is ours and Zaniolo isn't, so I'm guessing Rogers will get the opportunities for the rest of the season. It's harsh to say he didn't do much as let's face it the whole team didn't do much in Amsterdam. He's also come into the team mid season and is playing catch-up with the rest of the squad. I wouldn't read too much into his performances thus far.

That was my point. Zaniolo being pushed further down the pecking order is an indication of what Unai thinks.
Not sure he has been , or it will last long (if he has) based upon a genuine review of Rogers performances at Luton and last night.
I think he'll come good but he's going to need a season or so getting up to speed.

Last edited:
Not sure he has been , or it will last long (if he has) based upon a genuine review of Rogers performances at Luton and last night.
I think he'll come good but he's going to need a season or so getting up to speed.
Don't know that he'll get a season, let alone two to get up to speed. His first team opportunities will diminish if he's not delivering and he'll be forgotten.

Harsh reality is that the kids coming through have to take every opportunity that's presented, not easy when you are learning on the job but them's the breaks.