The New Spurs..... | Page 4 | Vital Football

The New Spurs.....

To confirm I'm not that bothered about the suits. I just don't think it's necessary in this case or will make any difference.
To be honest Nick, nobody has said it will make any difference, just the togetherness aspect and representation is being brought to bear.

This discussion is a neverending story of yes n no!

To be honest Nick, nobody has said it will make any difference, just the togetherness aspect and representation is being brought to bear.

This discussion is a neverending story of yes n no!

It was suggested any little increment can accumulate into an advantage therefore a difference

It’s not just the effect on the person wearing the suit. Psychologically, one views another wearing a suit as being organised, successful, ambitious, intelligent. This can transfer in a sporting sense as a team being tactically intelligent, well drilled and hungry for success. If it gives a team a slight psychological advantage then why not use it? Would the same criticism be said if they walked out onto the pitch on game day wearing different clothes over their strips instead of the same track suit tops?
People on this forum complain that we don’t act like a big club because we don’t buy the big players and show ambition, yet when we finally get the right people in place and start to do things a bit more professionally and try to gain advantage, no matter how marginally small it may be, we still find a way to take a pot shot at the club.

It’s not just the effect on the person wearing the suit. Psychologically, one views another wearing a suit as being organised, successful, ambitious, intelligent. This can transfer in a sporting sense as a team being tactically intelligent, well drilled and hungry for success. If it gives a team a slight psychological advantage then why not use it? Would the same criticism be said if they walked out onto the pitch on game day wearing different clothes over their strips instead of the same track suit tops?
People on this forum complain that we don’t act like a big club because we don’t buy the big players and show ambition, yet when we finally get the right people in place and start to do things a bit more professionally and try to gain advantage, no matter how marginally small it may be, we still find a way to take a pot shot at the club.

I'm not having a pop at the club, just Paratici.

Nobody has given any detail about the bus journeys when the players fly. Or when the suits are put on ( how long they are they on for ). If its just for 5 minutes between bus and changing room, how does that build team togetherness?

Well it is true as I was one of them, and now work in that environment. Nobody cares what they are wearing unless it's pissing down in the wind on top of the downs.

Do they wear their kit when in class and playing for the school?

Culture is everything. Details matter. Paratici gets it. Has proven that he gets it. And is instilling pride back into this club instead of apathy.

The lone wolf has no place in a top level organization of any sort.

Regardless if its a suit or a track suit.
The common wearing of clothing for me brings the focus and representation of the club for match day. From before kick off.
Many were complain about Dele showing up in his expensive car.
So why not have the players arrive together in a team coach.
I just see it a part of the Pre match preparation and focus.
I do like the idea of the suits tho'
But as I said work wear was, always my background.

Some of our players have shall we say lesser levels of intelligence than others. But put a suit on them and they're all the same ?

DOFs and Managers come and go. The club is constant. The suits are a gimmick. Let's see how long it lasts !!

Not in the best clubs they don't......Liverpool and City. SAF is the perfect example. If you want to wallow in mediocrity you run a loosely regulated organization. If you want to win, you get everyone to buy in on every aspect. If they don't, they're out.

I can't see any downside to the players wearing a uniform even if you harbour doubts about there being any upside.

My gut feeling is that there is something in it. It's like when you see a complete stranger in a Spurs shirt: you immediately feel some sort of connection, a bonding of sorts. Now you don't know the person from Adam and they may be a complete prick (or prickess) but the shirt is part of the uniform and it creates a social/emotional tie to someone who is otherwise just a bloke or blokess walking up the street.

I can't see why it's being seen as something revolutionary, teams have been turning out suited and booted for cup finals and other prestigious matches for years. Our side don't generally turn out in suits for the mjority of games as far as I can see, they are dressed uniformally but normally in smart casual.

Will Paratici be wearing a matching suit ? He has looked a bit scruffy on occasions. Conte too ? Got to conform to the club identity !!

I can't see why it's being seen as something revolutionary, teams have been turning out suited and booted for cup finals and other prestigious matches for years. Our side don't generally turn out in suits for the mjority of games as far as I can see, they are dressed uniformally but normally in smart casual.

Exactly, it's a temporary gimmick.