The National league... | Page 17 | Vital Football

The National league...

I was calling out for us to sign Kelly 5 years ago when he was at Maidenhead. Think the move to EFL then would have been too soon but glad he has got his chance now.

Couple of good'uns made their way into the Football League from the NL - Josh Kelly to Wimbledon from Solihull and Milli Alli to Exeter from Halifax.
Joe Garner, Carlisle to Oldham and Ashley Hunter, Burton to Fylde are two more quality quality moves.

NL North Chorley announced this week Boyzone singers Ronan Keating, Shane Lynch and Keith Duffy, along with Westlife’s Brian McFadden, would attend their FA Trophy tie with Solihull Moors on Saturday.

Speculation is that Boyzone are not only getting involved in useful promotional work for the club but, potentially, bringing investment.

Is "Welcome to Chorley" the next Hollywood blockbuster ?? Mmmmm

From 6th January highlights of Matty McArthur's debut for Darts at Weston Super mare Matty scores about 3 minutes into the clip 27 min mark.

Josh Rees scored a second half hat trick for Dagenham against Oxford City including a bicycle kick. Not bad considering he was playing in goal.

Boreham Wood, who`ve unexpectedly found themselves fighting to beat off relegation from the NL, will apparently be parting company with Luke Garrard at the end of this season. Garrard`s been held in high esteem for several years as one of non-league`s best managers, but the Wood have struggled big time in 2024.

At York, a recent resurgence and 3 goals in 4 games from Dipo Akinyemi has lifted City out of the relegation zone. Having taken a while to settle, Akinyemi now has 14 goals on the season and is looking pretty useful.

Ebbsfleet United is another team that`s lifted itself from the basement of the NL and looking secure for another NL season. Dominic Polean and Dominic Samuel have been scoring well for the Fleet.

Two steps down, Chatham had another 2K+ crowd in on Monday to see the Chats beat Kingstonian 4-1.

Boreham Wood, who`ve unexpectedly found themselves fighting to beat off relegation from the NL, will apparently be parting company with Luke Garrard at the end of this season. Garrard`s been held in high esteem for several years as one of non-league`s best managers, but the Wood have struggled big time in 2024.

At York, a recent resurgence and 3 goals in 4 games from Dipo Akinyemi has lifted City out of the relegation zone. Having taken a while to settle, Akinyemi now has 14 goals on the season and is looking pretty useful.

Ebbsfleet United is another team that`s lifted itself from the basement of the NL and looking secure for another NL season. Dominic Polean and Dominic Samuel have been scoring well for the Fleet.

Two steps down, Chatham had another 2K+ crowd in on Monday to see the Chats beat Kingstonian 4-1.
I've posted before, Poleon would have been a useful signing in January. Knows where the net is.

Personally, I've got my fingers crossed for Aldershot gaining promotion via the play-offs. The Recreation Ground is only 4 miles from where I live, and it would mean that for the first time in ages, I'd be able to see The Gills, and be home by 5.15pm

Personally, I've got my fingers crossed for Aldershot gaining promotion via the play-offs. The Recreation Ground is only 4 miles from where I live, and it would mean that for the first time in ages, I'd be able to see The Gills, and be home by 5.15pm
You never know ! Difficult to call the NL promo favourites. Barnet look strong and should benefit from the weighted play-off system. But, once it`s play-off time anything can happen. In recent years, despite the weighted play-off system, the NL has seen a number of play-off promotions by teams that finished sixth/seventh !

For my mates sake who's a Shots fan it'll be nice and Aldershots assistant manager is a Gills fan (Hugo). However Bromley would be good for a local Kent Derby, well i still class it as Kent anyway. Bromley have been knocking on the door a while now having lost out in the play-offs the last two seasons so maybe third time lucky a.
Not sure their attract much more support though in league 2 as most of them round that way are Wall,Spotters or Nigels.

Interesting (to me at least) that all of the players with 19+ goals with the exception of Conn-Clarke are all what could be described as experienced 6-yard box forwards, scoring an awful lot of scrappy goals along the way. Additionally (with the exception of Grigg) they're all a similar physical profile, big lads who will win aerial battles and overpower a defender. Clearly that's what's required in this year's NL!

Even Joe Quigley has scored 10 league goals in 33 games (most of them sub appearances) so just goes to show you could have more or less anyone up front if the supply is good enough. In Mandeville, Dobra, Jacobs, Berry, Naylor and Banks the Chesterfield forwards have been well fed!

Good to see Josh Rees doing well at Dagenham as well, since the turn of the year he's been on fire.