The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 26 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

It looked like he kicked a bottle & someone went and got him. Could have got it wrong obviously but he didn’t look happy from where I was.

Did he have a hissy fit last night? kick a bottle & go straight down the tunnel?

Yeah. Think he came back out straight away. He was dreadful for the most part last night unfortunately. Not that he was alone to be fair.

Slightly nervous about him, him and Leon need to get together and formulate a plan. Leon's most recent interview talked about how much he trusts Unai and being the best coach he has ever had. Leon doesn't care whether he starts or is a sub but I don't think Diaby feels the same way.

He is really down on himself but this is still a successful season. He needs a few things to go for him just like they did for Leon.

Think when you pick up a young kid for 8m that has such an impact, you expect a lot more from one that cost 50m. Like Bailey, he will be the player we expected but it does makes you think.

Think when you pick up a young kid for 8m that has such an impact, you expect a lot more from one that cost 50m. Like Bailey, he will be the player we expected but it does makes you think.
Sadly it's a bit of a vicious circle. Hard to play your best unless you are playing week in week out. Hard to play regular if you are not near your best?

Unai's done it 3 times this season with 3 different players.

If the game calls for it , he's doing it. The end game is far more important.

Not sure Moussa had a hissy fit anyway.

He definitely did boot a bottle and it nearly hit someone sitting by the bench. I guess he went off in a huff and tbh I’d feel exactly the same because A) Being subbed on then off and B) Just not playing as well or contributing as much as I’d like to.

There would’ve been some jackets or similar on the bench, there must’ve been something there as he started on the bench, I think he just calmed down and knew better in the end.

He definitely did boot a bottle and it nearly hit someone sitting by the bench. I guess he went off in a huff and tbh I’d feel exactly the same because A) Being subbed on then off and B) Just not playing as well or contributing as much as I’d like to.

There would’ve been some jackets or similar on the bench, there must’ve been something there as he started on the bench, I think he just calmed down and knew better in the end.
Well he went to the changing rooms and came straight back out with his jacket on so who knows ?

I think Unai made a mistake putting him on for Youri, Unai got the team right at the start as I still don't believe we were strong enough in midfield when Bailey and Diaby both started, and after a few minutes, he completely changed his mind and plays both of them. Tim would have been the better sub, bringing in Diaby for Bailey as usual when Bailey disappeared.

Diaby has been poor this season overall. Although he has scored a few goals considering. But his confidence isn’t there. He doesn’t take players on and seems a little lost at times.

Many people wanted to sell Bailey a year ago mind you - now he’s indispensable. He’ll come good - up the Unai.

Overall not poor but not setting the world alight. At 50 odd million though you expect more. Roger’s has come in for a fraction and contributed well recently, although he’s a local lad that probably doesn’t need some settling in time

And if he had a strop who cares. Shock horror . Player not happy with bring subbed after him and the team not playing well.

I suppose there will be some who like Duran wanted to believe all the negative noise around him because it suited their rating of him . But a complete non story this really.

Unai has spoke plenty of times about Diaby's "adaptation"

He can play and I think we'll see the best of him next season
Despite his post xmas form he still has popped up with important contributions. He is a 6.5/10 overall for his first season imho. With some important games left. Can easily bump that to a 7.