The Moussa Diaby Thread | Page 13 | Vital Football

The Moussa Diaby Thread

He really needs taking out of the firing line.
He could do with being the super sub like Bailey and building up his confidence. Probably his last good performance was when he did that for our Forest and setup the equalizer.

Suppose the issue is Bailey isn’t 100% and even when he is I don’t think he is capable of performing for 90 mins week in and week out.

He could do with being the super sub like Bailey and building up his confidence. Probably his last good performance was when he did that for our Forest and setup the equalizer.

Suppose the issue is Bailey isn’t 100% and even when he is I don’t think he is capable of performing for 90 mins week in and week out.
At the moment he's not even worth a place on the bench. How much was he £50m ? record signing ? looks a waste of money

Looked really good initially and thought we had a genuine top drawer player to help go to the next level, a proper game changer. He’s looked mighty average for a while now though, Emery has turned most of them into better players since he arrived but this one has regressed if anything. Hopefully he comes good soon enough as the options are needed.

I get they need time to settle like Bailey did (2 years ??) but you expect some players to hit the ground running a bit sooner surely

Undoubtedly looks a bit down on confidence but I do think it’s more of a team malaise. We had to get behind their defence and couldn’t. I think we only got to the byline a couple of times, once by Bailey when Watkins scored. For all our passing our wide men Matt and Alex didn’t create anything. At times like that Diaby has to be more mobile and try something different.

Not knocking the lad. He's finding some form at the moment, but he always looks one tackle away from an injury. Not very robust. (Bailey).

I think you're dead on with the super sub comment. He looks bereft of confidence currently. The talents there, as we saw in the early part of the season. Just need to draw it out again.

Wow.

Even big capital letters and a yellow banner on SSN.

Welcome to our new winger who will no doubt have us off our seats and scratching our heads in equal measure as per the job description of such a position in 2023 football
Ha.
Just happened to click on the first page of the thread. I saw it coming, lol.

His villa career so far is mirroring Coutinho's.

Stunning for 2 months. Looked a different level to his team mates. Then suddenly looks uninterested, low on fitness, low on confidence and hiding in games.

Someone at the club needs to get inside his head and figure out why.

His villa career so far is mirroring Coutinho's.

Stunning for 2 months. Looked a different level to his team mates. Then suddenly looks uninterested, low on fitness, low on confidence and hiding in games.

Someone at the club needs to get inside his head and figure out why.

Thankfully the outlay is nowhere near that of coutinho though.

Coutinho had played an insane amount of football with a history of underperformance and injury well-established before coming to us.

Diaby is young, fit and was one of the biggest talents available in Europe last summer. He's in a new league in his first season and trying to adapt to a new position.

They aren't comparable. Diaby will come good.

I thought the bit of play where he went past two Sheffield players with absolute ease and then get a decent shot off with excellent and shows what he's capable of. The rest of his play though was far too safe which underscores his overall lack of confidence.

We need to get him taking more risks and doing more of what he did in that one passage of play.

I just think it’s a matter of time. He nearly made himself a good goal and was unlucky after quick feet in the box. And if Tielemans had played a simple pass to him he probably scores. Small margins imho he really wasn’t that bad

I just think it’s a matter of time. He nearly made himself a good goal and was unlucky after quick feet in the box. And if Tielemans had played a simple pass to him he probably scores. Small margins imho he really wasn’t that bad
No he wasn't and like all the others he looked a lot sharper.

Difficult second half for the subs in general as well. It was basically a training session.