The Mile Jedinak Thread | Page 11 | Vital Football

The Mile Jedinak Thread

An interesting article has come up on bbc football regarding this issue...

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41860130

Fergie certainly used to put his foot down about players going away for international breaks .
We need to up the ante and become more ruthless, certainly for pointless friendlies.
Jedi has an important game in fairness but if they don't qualify he should jack

Well he got through the full 94 mins. okay on a heavy pitch. Hands on knees looking a bit tired after 80 mins. 0-0 result.
Fairly direct chartered return flight to Sydney for Wednesday's second leg.

Don't think any injury. Seemed to be stretching with his hands on knees towards the end but kept moving around freely enough I think and he wasn't looking towards the bench to come off at all. TV coverage ended for me just after the final whistle so no post game interviews or analysis much.We'll find out in the next few days I guess.
Massimo Luongo, QPR's captain is playing these qualifiers too.

MB82 - 11/11/2017 00:22

Seemed to be stretching with his hands on knees towards the end

'Blowing out of his arse' is, I believe, the common parlance.

Good to hear he has no (obvious) injuries.

I have no issue with him playing for his country. Who wouldn't, given the chance? And as mentioned earlier, I'm pretty sure he'll fly First Class, beds and all. Of course, the time zone issue doesn't just go away, but he'll be ok by the time we play next.

Excellent, cheers for that dude. Just wondered if there might have been a limp or walking implying a tightness. Hopefully the minutes have brought him on nicely for us though as the Jedi at his best makes a huge difference.

Appreciate the response dude, thanks.

Luongo was wanted by us as well and seems steadier than Tshibola so far, but with how both were rated I don't think people are seeing the best of either, but clearly Luongo is a head in the game at the moment.

Australian "FourFourTwo" player ratings for the game against Honduras :

"Mile Jedinak - 7.5

A brick wall in the Aussie midfield, Jedinak was the calmest head on the pitch. The 33-year-old offered assurance to Mooy and Luongo, allowing them both to play higher up the field."

Sort of what we need him to be for the rest of this season.

An interesting story in The Sydney Morning Herald about the Aussies' return flight from Honduras.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/world-cup-qualifier-inside-the-socceroos-lavish-midair-recovery-20171111-gzjh92.html

Has anyone been to Aus ?.

When i go to California, there is no jet lag going there, but it knocks you for six for at least a week when ypu get back.

Which way does it hit you with Oz. Or does it depend which way you go

I think the excitement of going somewhere mitigates the jet lag so you only feel it on the way back when reality comes crashing down.

MB82 - 12/11/2017 13:05

An interesting story in The Sydney Morning Herald about the Aussies' return flight from Honduras.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/world-cup-qualifier-inside-the-socceroos-lavish-midair-recovery-20171111-gzjh92.html

Good find, interesting.

Welcome to the forum btw. :35:

holtelower - 12/11/2017 13:42

When i go to California, there is no jet lag going there, but it knocks you for six for at least a week when ypu get back.

Yep, I was thinking of that. Flight to LA, no problem with the extra daylight, up fresh the following morning to pick up my hire car and head east in the direction of Phoenix.

Coming back "overnight", night came and went quickly and it was a long, long day when I landed. At least a week recovery. Have heard it said that going east is the difficult direction.

McParlandTheGreat - 12/11/2017 21:19

I did LHR to Melbourne with a short stop in Singapore, left LHR at 2245hrs on a Thursday, arrived in Melbourne at 0445hrs on Saturday. A killer.

McParlandTheGreat - 12/11/2017 21:19

Yep, I was thinking of that. Flight to LA, no problem with the extra daylight, up fresh the following morning to pick up my hire car and head east in the direction of Phoenix.

Coming back "overnight", night came and went quickly and it was a long, long day when I landed. At least a week recovery. Have heard it said that going east is the difficult direction.

Definitely flying to the east is the hardest. Arriving in Aus you can feel like shit for days with jetlag if you're not careful. Coming back to the UK from Australia (which Jedi faces this week), heading west with the sun, has always been easier for me, still tiring because it's 20+ hours travel but recovery is quicker.
If he's flying Qantas I'm sure he'll be well looked after, they are a major sponsor of sport here, not the football team but I think the FFA would have him on a good flight.

Have flown to Oz twice from the UK, once to Brisbane and once to Perth. The one to Brisbane landing at 6:30am and being awake all day after, not really knowing what time it is all the way there with changing daylight and falling asleep on board at different times it’s a strange one. When I eventually did fall to sleep later in the evening I slept til the next afternoon! Was a great sleep. Flying to Perth on the other hand was nowhere near as bad, landed in the evening and slept all night, got over the jet lag quite quickly. When I’ve landed back in the UK from Oz I’ve been able to get over it quite quickly so I’d definitely say going east is worse, wherever you land in between is where you usually feel pretty knackered too.

People need to man up. Jetlag is a state of mind. A week to recover? Sod off. If you're tired, have a sleep and you should be fine.