The Mighty Reds v Manure - Sponsored by Sutton Seeds | Vital Football

The Mighty Reds v Manure - Sponsored by Sutton Seeds

Apollyon

Vital Football Legend
A spot in the FA Cup quarter-finals will be on the line when Forest and Man Utd clash at the World Famous City Ground tonight.

AS WELL YOU KNOW, Forest reached the FA Cup fifth round by winning replays in both the previous stages, overcoming Blackpool and Bristol City in the return leg. But our recent form has been sketchy, having clinched just one victory within regulation time in our last eight outings, when we beat West Ham United 2-0 ten days ago.

Forest and Manchester United have clashed twice so far this season, with both teams winning by the odd goal in their respective home game. The away defeat, after racing into a 2 goal lead, is the hardest result for me to swallow this season. We were truly fucked over by a cheating Rashford and bottleless VAR.

Nuno Espirito Santo has injury concerns hampering his preparations ahead of the match. We will be bereft of the services of five first-team players.

Nuno Tavares picked up a knock and will spend a few weeks in the treatment room. The Portuguese full-back has joined Ola Aina, Willy Boly, Ibrahim Sangare, and Chris Wood on the sidelines. These African players really do not like it up them.

I think he will again go with Niakhate to replace Tavares as the left-back, although I think personally that Toffolo should get the nod. Williams is also a candidate for the spot, with Montiel returning on the right. Meanwhile, Matz Sels should retain his place in goal.

As for the midfield unit, Danilo and Nicolas Dominguez should pair up in the double pivot. The duo will look to keep things tight in the middle of the park while initiating quick transitions, unlike against Villa. Divock Origi will likely lead the line for Nottingham Forest, with Callum Hudson-Odoi, Anthony Elanga, and Morgan Gibbs-White being the supporting cast.

How I think we will lineup (4-2-3-1): Sels; Montiel, Felipe, Murillo, Niakhate; Danilo, Dominguez; Elanga, Gibbs-White, Hudson-Odoi; Origi
Luke Shaw (hamstring), Lisandro Martinez (knee), Aaron Wan-Bissaka (knock), Tyrell Malacia (knee), Mason Mount (calf), Anthony Martial (groin), and Rasmus Hojlund (muscle injury) remain in the treatment room and TH has confirmed that Maguire is also out.

Omari Forson should deputise for Hojlund in the final third again, although Antony will hope to get a rare start. The teenager will join Marcus Rashford, Alejandro Garnacho, and Bruno Fernandes in the final third. But the Manchester United captain will often drop deep in the middle of the park. Fernandes is the biggest **** in the EPL. He's a cheating, bogeyed goofy ****, who needs executing.

Their Lineup (4-2-3-1): Onana; Dalot, Varane, Evans, Lindelof; McTominay, Mainoo; Garnacho, Bollockbreath Fernandes, Rashford; Forson

Key Stats​

Forest have progressed from four of the five previous FA Cup meetings with Manchester United. The only instance of the Red Devils clinching a victory came in the most recent clash in the third round of the 1989/90 edition.

Manchester United have already lost at the City Ground this season, going down 2-1 in the Premier League clash in December 2023. The Red Devils last suffered a defeat in back-to-back away matches against Nottingham Forest in all competitions in December 1984.

Forest will look to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals for the second time in the last three seasons, having only qualified for the stage in two of the previous 30 campaigns.

Man Utd will aim to reach the FA Cup quarter-finals for a record 48th time. They are currently tied with Everton on 47 appearances in the Last Eight in the competition.

The weather will be cold and damp, which just happens to be my nicknames for AdebolaCornflakes and Will.

Sutton seeds are today's sponsor. Get them in now for a bountiful summer, or even autumn if like me you're growing hobbies.

My prediction

2-1 win

Almost better than the usual dross. Our midfield worries me, think we need mangala or sangare in there (yes i know caryol doesnt play).

Can we please not save another fooking man utd manager. It worked out badly last time. Poor old ten bags is on the edge; let's push him off!!

I really want to see more of Gio but MGW has always been our best player when we play Man U.
True, and last time at the CG we had success with an overloaded midfield playing Dominguez on the left side; there is potential to play both MGW and Gio, so wouldn't be averse to seeing that.

This is just an observation from another club
...West ham in the past made a conscious decision to stop signing Africans due to issues

Didn't West Ham sack this fella? Odd behaviour for a club to jettison the architect of a novel approach to player recruitment?

In any case, Mohammed Kudus is outside, and wants a word.

Didn't West Ham sack this fella? Odd behaviour for a club to jettison the architect of a novel approach to player recruitment?

In any case, Mohammed Kudus is outside, and wants a word.

They did but that doesn't mean that there no was truth to it or that others felt the same.

They did but that doesn't mean that there no was truth to it or that others felt the same.
That's speculation.
The truth is, someone once employed by West Ham made some remarks that led to his dismissal.
Those remarks required the club to denounce, what they viewed as, discrimination.

So, no...there's no truth behind the club agreeing with such remarks.

However, maybe, they were just being woke, and saying what needed to be said.
Whilst, behind closed doors, plotting to never sign an african race player again, well, apart from Mohammed Kudus for E35m

If Niakhate plays LB we lose.

Toffalo has to play LB and keep Williams @ RB. This gives us the right balance both defending and on the attack.

I would like to see MGW playing the No.6 role instead of either Danilo or Dominguez - that would create a role for Reyna @ No.10

If Reyna doesn't play tonight, I don't see when he gets a proper opportunity - although tonight is important and I want to see us win, it has to be the right time to see what he can do

This is just an observation from another club
...West ham in the past made a conscious decision to stop signing Africans due to issues

Not that I agree with those sentiments, every time they go away on international duty it is a problem when they get back.
Why the f**k are non of Aina, Boly or Sangare available - it is 3 weeks since the AFCON. No explanations, no nothing

Not that I agree with those sentiments, every time they go away on international duty it is a problem when they get back.
Why the f**k are non of Aina, Boly or Sangare available - it is 3 weeks since the AFCON. No explanations, no nothing
They're injured, NES said as much.

They're injured, NES said as much.
I hear the rhetoric.
Sangare & Aina both looked fit in the final
Boly missed out because of injury - I get that.
But no one seems to know what injuries they have suffered or how long they might be out for.
eg - we know Tavares has a thigh strain and will be out for 4 weeks
Sangare got injured earlier in the season - some said he contracted malaria. Awoniya pulled his groin and was out for 2 months
The list goes on

I hear the rhetoric.
But no one seems to know what injuries they have suffered or how long they might be out for.
Sangare got injured earlier in the season - some said he contracted malaria. Awoniya pulled his groin and was out for 2 months
The list goes on
Experiment with Niakhate for 2 more games ...its risky but I think could be good. Nuno got Tavares going, I think he can do the same with Niakhate.! Where's Richards? Is he actually playing?

I hear the rhetoric.
The list goes on
Sangare - knee injury
Aina + Boly - muscle injuries (unspecified which muscle: speculation its of the love variety)