The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread | Page 28 | Vital Football

The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

This is the problem when you would 'take a draw' away to teams. This is why it's a huge problem. You can't be losing to bottom 10 teams home or away if you want top 4.

And you can't be happy with a draw against shit teams because days like today always happen.

The depressing thing is before McGinn red even at 2-0 down we just needed 1 goal and we might be back in it. Spurs defence is leaky and Van der Ven went off. His conduct just totally and utterly stupid and he’ll miss 3 games when we’re already without Kamara. Brainless idiot.
Really reminded me of Scottish players of yesteryear when the red mist used to come down. Can't get away with it now.

This is the problem when you would 'take a draw' away to teams. This is why it's a huge problem. You can't be losing to bottom 10 teams home or away if you want top 4.
Unai has a bit too much faith in them. When we went 1-0 down we should have immediately made the change. The game plan was done when that happened.

McGinn completely lost the head tho. 2-0 down at home to these wasn’t insurmountable.

Think this game shows spurs are a bigger club than us. Mentality is far more elite than ours and they turn up when it matters.

I worry about us moving forward. Blow top 4 and signing championship players in January. We’ve seen the Villa battling the big boys before only to become utterly shite within a few years and it’s happened to the likes of Leicester and Everton. Maybe today has just drained me and I’m overthinking it.