The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread | Page 19 | Vital Football

The Mighty Aston Villa v Tottenham Hotspur Match Thread

31%possession in the first, Jesus Christ. We can dominate possession against crap teams but not against the better teams. Shows we have a lot of work to do in these types of games moving forward, we can’t keep giving the ball back to these teams. We’re playing in moments like Man Utd do and that shouldn’t be us.

But having said that, we’ve had some good chances when we have played football and Tottenham haven’t created anything. Shows when we do play football it works so I don’t know why we keep playing long balls.

It's a close game in which Spurs are playing their natural system, and probably close to their best.

We have an unfamiliar tactic which has effectively put us at a disadvantage (although defensively it is working) - so, we COULD, go up a gear.

The main issue is we can't connect the back 5 to the midfield, so it goes long rather than through the pitch.

31%possession in the first, Jesus Christ. We can dominate possession against crap teams but not against the better teams. Shows we have a lot of work to do in these types of games moving forward, we can’t keep giving the ball back to these teams. We’re playing in moments like Man Utd do and that shouldn’t be us.

But having said that, we’ve had some good chances when we have played football and Tottenham haven’t created anything. Shows when we do play football it works so I don’t know why we keep playing long balls.

Spurs are having most of their possession with their centre halves on the half way line.

Too many periods of attack against defence for my likeing. Our passing isn't up to standard which isn't helping either.

Is Ollie carrying a knock from the first contact with that ugly twat Romero? He dosn't look his old self and Bailey may as well not be on the pitch after his input in the first half.

If we play possession in the second half we might win. Keep playing defensive long ball and we’ll be lucky to get a draw.

This is it, they’ve not had one single clear cut chance. We’ve come with a game plan here and for me we were the more dangerous side, creating more chances and having several good openings, unlike Spurs.
I agree I just hate seeing us playing so negatively and defensively against a team supposedly of equal stature and who we are above in the league.