The Matty Cash Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

He was one of the worst passers in the Forest side. Will have to step up.

It depends on what those passes were. If he’s trying through balls to the striker of course most of those will be cut out.

I’m not denying you have a point - but there’s potentially more context to the stat.

Anyway, let’s get behind the lad and make our minds up from there.

Haven't the faintest on this one. From the Youtube videos he looks energetic, but not sure he has the class to deal with PL players; big step up from the Championship. Reckon the shirt is still Guilbert's to lose.

Hope we are still looking for real proven quality where it's needed.

Yay, a new player :)

Great picture - good for him, had to laugh at tattoo boy holding his stomach in though on the far-right :)

Fingers crossed he does a job for us then wherever he ends up playing.

Ghazi is gash ...........

Forest ground and set up is nice, not dissing them at all, but you go from there to here, get shown around Villa Park and Bodymoor.

Imagine the excitement for the player and his family?

Hope this works out gloriously for him.

Big fan of his already. Love the interview, love the picture with the family, love his attitude. I think he is going to fit in really well with Grealish and co. Looks like we will be kicking off the season with an all English back five for the first time in how long?

5 assists and 3 goals in the league last season, that's a very good direct contribution for a fullback.

Again, the issue here isn't his stats in the Championship it's whether he can make the step up and we will only know that after he has, well, played for us.

Interesting stats.

How does that rate v Guilbert I wonder?

Pretty sure Guilbert played less games, yet still managed 1 goal and several assists against tougher opposition?

I just don't understand the signing at this point. Guilbert for me was looking pretty good and now has 1 season already under his belt in the Prem. From what I understand he was also heavily scouted and tipped to be a good future prospect(something of which I think we were all beginning to see). I was actually looking forward to watching him play this season to see if he could continue to progress. - He was instrumental in the 3 pts v Arsenal and helped get us to a LC final.

Maybe Cash will be deployed as winger?

Anyway, I have absolutely nothing against Cash what so ever. Seems a great guy, young and I really wish him every success. Just somewhat disappointed for Guilbert who may have his head turned and look for a move elsewhere.