The Matty Cash Thread | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Matty Cash Thread

Well after listening to his first interview he’s certainly glad to be a part of such a fantastic club and wasn’t interested in joining any other team....! As we know footballers always tell the truth, that’ll do for starters.....!! Welcome Matty lad!

Cash was the top tackler in the Championship last season. That is obviously a Stat I've read and not my personal evaluation of him as I've only seen him play against us

Passing stats can be deceptive, if Cash is trying more ambitious forward passes and crossing the ball a lot then obviously the 'completion' rate will not be as high as a player who always plays it safe.

Exactly you'll find the best passers are those who never attempt one forwards,

He needs to improve that part of his game and his assist rate. Down to our coaches I guess.

Welcome Matty.

Slight concern about the hair - a definite touch of the Lansburys about his barnet. Do Forest players all go to the same barber? :lol:

Wow. That's an extraordinary barnet. Touch of the Keith Andrews about it where I'm distracted when looking at him. Hopefully will have the same affect on Messi when he's up against him next season.

He needs to improve that part of his game and his assist rate. Down to our coaches I guess.
5 assists and 3 goals in the league last season, that's a very good direct contribution for a fullback.

Again, the issue here isn't his stats in the Championship it's whether he can make the step up and we will only know that after he has, well, played for us.