The Lewis Grabban appreciation society sponsored by Paz1967 | Page 2 | Vital Football

The Lewis Grabban appreciation society sponsored by Paz1967

I've tried but I really cannot understand the logic behind wanting to take our top goalscorer - who is great in the box - further away from goal.

He's scored 14 already and that's with little support from the midfield behind him. If we sort the creativity problem, think of how many more Grabban could score playing his current role.

He also sets the tempo for our press, why would we want to gamble on someone else being as effective in that role? Unless that is we can swap Clough for Firmino...

I've tried but I really cannot understand the logic behind wanting to take our top goalscorer - who is great in the box - further away from goal.

He's scored 14 already and that's with little support from the midfield behind him. If we sort the creativity problem, think of how many more Grabban could score playing his current role.
Dele playing an additional striker upfront doesn't mean to move further away from the box the Grabbs. If you analyse Grabbanz game he tends to fall back anyway nd its not the first time that you find him at the edge of our box. Other times he drifts to side of the pitch meaning that we have no one in thd box. On one occasion he provided a good assist to Semedo ( I thinking was v Fulham), but most of the time no one follows his game nd our breaks just vanish.

As much as I've rated Grabban this season I really do not see him as a playmaker for us. I'm unsure what others have noticed that I've missed.

Its mainly desperation for an effective no. 10 and the fact that grabs has had to come deep so many times that people have seen him grow in effectiveness from deep.

Not sure why people are not up for giving it a go. Last season if you told me cash would be the best right back in the division, i and most other reds would have laughed.

It does clearly depend on acquiring a senior striker as good or better.

Its mainly desperation for an effective no. 10 and the fact that grabs has had to come deep so many times that people have seen him grow in effectiveness from deep.

Not sure why people are not up for giving it a go. Last season if you told me cash would be the best right back in the division, i and most other reds would have laughed.

It does clearly depend on acquiring a senior striker as good or better.

Because he's already scored 14 goals in his current role and that's with limited midfield support.

His goals have got us to 4th at this point; is now really the time to be experimenting with moving our top goal scorer who has performed so well all season?

The focus absolutely should be on signing a quality winger ane creative midfielder who can quickly get up to support Grabban, give him good service and go in behind him when he drops deep.

Because he's already scored 14 goals in his current role and that's with limited midfield support.

His goals have got us to 4th at this point; is now really the time to be experimenting with moving our top goal scorer who has performed so well all season?

The focus absolutely should be on signing a quality winger ane creative midfielder who can quickly get up to support Grabban, give him good service and go in behind him when he drops deep.

I think we always need a plan b and grabs in a no.10 role is just that, a plan b. Completely agree on the focus and if we can find that player then great. If we can only find another striker...

Imo the thinking here is about options rather than converting grabs to a midfielder.

I think we always need a plan b and grabs in a no.10 role is just that, a plan b. Completely agree on the focus and if we can find that player then great. If we can only find another striker...

Imo the thinking here is about options rather than converting grabs to a midfielder.

Grabbz is nop Plan b as a number 10. Who'd be the forward?

Plan b ist needed but has to come form elsewhere. Ende off.

either way, our poor goals record is really costing us an extra point against the teams above us. better to let a few more in and sscore a hatful more. get 2 strikers on the pitch like most of our successful sides

Grabban never loses the ball. He’s brilliant. I cannot understand how anyone can criticise him. It’s the service that’s shit. Find an alternative to lolly, ameobi and carvalho (and by alternative, I don’t mean replacement, I mean an alternative) to change matches and we’ll secure playoffs

we only have one plan that works at the moment, we need 2