The Lewis Grabban appreciation society sponsored by Paz1967 | Vital Football

The Lewis Grabban appreciation society sponsored by Paz1967

Taylor82

Vital Squad Member
Turned out to be a real snip at £6m. I never really appreciated him until I've seen him play at Forest. Always knew he could score a few goals in the Championship, but his all-round game is excellent. It's not easy to play up front on your own, especially when your side are not creating much. He's a tidy finisher as well. He would have scored 20+ goals last season only for injuries. Hopefully, he continues to stay injury-free this season and hits 25+ goals, and fires us to promotion!

_108269869_grabban.jpg

Thought his goal was brilliant against Blackburn. Picks it up in midfield, plays a fine ball with the outside of the foot to Ameobi. Continues to run 40 yards going near post, before peeling off to the far post to superbly head back across the goal and in.

He's been brilliant this season, his work rates gone up loads. That header was very well taken had a little curl on it keeper was stranded, mind you the cross from ameobi was perfection took out the CB right on to grabbans head.

It's the view from behind the goal which is jaw-dropping - he curls the header round the keeper, with just enough fade to go in off the far post. Exquisite finish.

Got a load of mates who say his shit, but they don't know what they're talking about.

Don't think he's our best player but he's probably our most important player and he defines the way that we play due to his work rate which most people seem to miss.

Championship is his ceiling but that being said he is a top striker at this level and we would be in serious trouble without him.

My take on Grabbs: he is one of the best signings in recent years. I know , people will say that I m a hypocrite cause I used to criticize him until yesterday.
I stand by what I said in the past, but, he is far from a complete striker. He has good positional awareness nd this season he is working hard, harder then last year.
Still, he is far from being a Collymore. He scores good goals, but even this year, he missed a couple of sitters too, but he tends to compensate by scoring or later on, or in the following games to compensate.
Being isolated upfront with not much help from the midfield, is not easy nd tend to be frustrating, he adapted his game, and still goals are coming, thus confidence remains high.
I still think that if we sign ' a giant ' to play upfront, that can really hold the ball nd harass the typical Championship central defenders, we will see even more goals nd assists from the Grabbs. He is not shy of working hard, at present at least, likes retreating back to get the ball, thus give him more liberty to roam around nd do more damage.
After all the number 10's we tried this year are not giving us much joy.

Last edited:
My take on Grabbs: he is one of the best signings in recent years. I know , people will say that I m a hypocrite cause I used to criticize him until yesterday.
I stand by what I said in the past, but, he is far from a complete striker. He has good positional awareness nd this season he is working hard, harder then last year.
Still, he is far from being a Collymore. He scores good goals, but even this year, he missed a couple of sitters too, but he tends to compensate by scoring or later on, or in the following games to compensate.
Being isolated upfront with not much help from the midfield, is not easy nd tend to be frustrating, he adapted his game, and still goals are coming, thus confidence remains high.
I still think that if we sign ' a giant ' to play upfront, that can really hold the ball nd harass the typical Championship central defenders, we will see even more goals nd assists from the Grabbs. He is not shy of working hard, at present at least, likes retreating back to get the ball, thus give him more liberty to roam around nd do more damage.
After all the number 10's we tried this year are not giving us much joy.
For a large portion of his career, Collymore wasn't a Collymore either.

That is one of the most frequent and unhelpful comparisons made on here.

Are we in the championship? Yes.
Is Grabban one of the best strikers in the championship? Yes

Last edited:
Stan was only really Stan when he was here, as soon as he moved he was never the same. While he was here though he was phenomenal, should have stayed at least another season and seen if we could have kicked on from 3rd.

Collymore could have been a genuine international class striker if he hadn’t had his demons driving him to self-destruct. Pace, power and a superb strikers instinct, he had it all.

One of my favourite players to watch in 40 years of watching Forest. I was out of my seat every time he got the ball in the opposition half.

I've seen some good strikers at Forest in my time - Edward Sheringham, young Cloughie, Van Hooijdonk, Bryan Roy, but Collymore in my opinion was the best of them. What a great player. Definitely my favourite growing up.

He'd pick the ball up in his own half and you'd get excited because you knew he could beat three or four defenders and stick it in the top corner. I think he played the best football of his career at the City Ground.

I remember him destroying Bruce and Pallister on his Premier League debut too. What a night. I remember it like it was yesterday. Great days.

I've seen some good strikers at Forest in my time - Edward Sheringham, young Cloughie, Van Hooijdonk, Bryan Roy, but Collymore in my opinion was the best of them. What a great player. Definitely my favourite growing up.

He'd pick the ball up in his own half and you'd get excited because you knew he could beat three or four defenders and stick it in the top corner. I think he played the best football of his career at the City Ground.

I remember him destroying Bruce and Pallister on his Premier League debut too. What a night. I remember it like it was yesterday. Great days.

Yea still remember that game, so does he! Spoke to him on the radio on the day we battered man city at their place to reminisce.

For those that didnt see him- imagine an antonio who could shoot accurately with power from 25 yards!

he;s an old fashioned goal hanger who can stick the ball in an empty net. Ive said he has 2 assists in 60 games, which is a joke and f youre a lone striker in a side pushing for promotion, then of course you are absolutely expected to score 20 goals.
So I think his overall game is pretty shit but its a bit overboard keep bringing it up. We need goals and he's invaluable as that player. We simply need more and Im a 2 strikers up front kind of guy. Grabban up front on his own isnt enough for promotion and I dont see evidence to the contrary, its clear we dont score enough goals and was clear before the season started that we woukdnt.

Different planet for sure. And brilliant since a kid and almost everytime I saw him play afterwards.

For a large portion of his career, Collymore wasn't a Collymore either.

That is one of the most frequent and unhelpful comparisons made on here.

Are we in the championship? Yes.
Is Grabban one of the best strikers in the championship? Yes

SVC was in this league with us of course, sure his winner got us up. So totally valid comparison.

As much as I've rated Grabban this season I really do not see him as a playmaker for us. I'm unsure what others have noticed that I've missed.

I've tried but I really cannot understand the logic behind wanting to take our top goalscorer - who is great in the box - further away from goal.

He's scored 14 already and that's with little support from the midfield behind him. If we sort the creativity problem, think of how many more Grabban could score playing his current role.