THE LATICS!!!!!! | Page 4 | Vital Football

THE LATICS!!!!!!

On the plus side we are definitely safe now. Burton have a game in hand on 40 points & even if they win, it puts them on 43 with 3 games to play. Shackles off on Saturday.

Christ that was dross & to top it off the commentary was dreadful but at least I know that Callum Mac was the second oldest player on the pitch & that Sir Ben Watson has played for both sides.....
Our little 10 min cameo attack where we scored 2 goals was a nice watch but the other 80 odd minutes were much of the same....dull dishwater

Yet another boringly ordinary performance from players who are not only on the beach but a mile out to sea…..

Decent cross simple header, something which we can’t or won’t do

Only been watching from 50 minutes in but have no idea how the ref adds 7 minutes !??

Zeb, think the reason for the 7 mins was due to the ref nodding off a few times during the match so had to guess on injury time.

Christ that was dross & to top it off the commentary was dreadful but at least I know that Callum Mac was the second oldest player on the pitch & that Sir Ben Foster has played for both sides.....
Our little 10 min cameo attack where we scored 2 goals was a nice watch but the other 80 odd minutes were much of the same....dull dishwater
Apparently Clare used to play for Charlton and Henri Camera scored a hatrick in 2006 against Alan Curbishleys Charlton.....oh and some bloke managed Charlton from 1933 until 1953,and apparently there was a war during his reign.

I enjoyed the second half , decent game , to think they are beneath us in the League as they were so much slicker and decisive.

Pearce had a nightmare as a sub, fortunate point for us.

Apparently Clare used to play for Charlton and Henri Camera scored a hatrick in 2006 against Alan Curbishleys Charlton.....oh and some bloke managed Charlton from 1933 until 1953,and apparently there was a war during his reign.

Apparently the 250 odd Latics fans were in the Jimmy Seed Stand, who was Charltons longest serving manager....the only thing he didn't mention was the price of a pie on the concourse..

A fortunate but welcome point. Our negative approach was evident again, especially once we went 2-1 in front. Fair play to Kelman for scoring a couple but there’s no way he can play up front on his own.

Fair play to you guys who tuned in to that. Had my fill of watching shite recently so no chance I was gonna tune in to watch it on the tv.

Watched the Real City match instead.. Finished 3 a piece. A superb game with both teams going for it, some fantastic goals and most importantly plenty of entertainment to remain me what football can and should be like.

On the plus side we are definitely safe now. Burton have a game in hand on 40 points & even if they win, it puts them on 43 with 3 games to play. Shackles off on Saturday
Cheltenham can still get 53 points if they win all five of their remaining games.
It would also require a big swing in goal difference (20).
With this in mind I don't think Maloney will throw caution to the wind, he will play safe and play to keep the point we start with.

If we are going to be critical I also thought Sze should have closed the crosser down.
That's the point Sid, when we concede a soft goal people point the finger at Tickle he is the last line of defence other players in back play contribute to soft goals, like you say the crosser should have been stopped then Kerr didn't seem to jump with the scorer (I actually thought at first that Kerr had been fouled to stop him jumping) but there were no appeal from anyone for a foul so to me it was poor defending.

Yes Tickle could have done better but other players contribute to the goals we concede unfair to point the blame at Tickle.

Edit...BF got it spot on last night the team went backwards after the subs, Tinkerbell is obsessed with making 5 subs per game we end up at sixes and sevens.

This is why I don't understand when people keep saying how good Tickle is - he has a lot to learn yet and makes too many mistakes - no chance of him going to a higher league yet !