The Last Waltz | Page 5 | Vital Football

The Last Waltz

Nope, still doesn’t do it for me, dire dull song for a football stadium. More appropriate for the end of an intoxicating evening smooching with a new found love. Can’t wait to get back to the U.K. for the Barrow match when hopefully the Gills faithful will have learned the words and won’t be needing the sing along boarding.

Nope, still doesn’t do it for me, dire dull song for a football stadium. More appropriate for the end of an intoxicating evening smooching with a new found love. Can’t wait to get back to the U.K. for the Barrow match when hopefully the Gills faithful will have learned the words and won’t be needing the sing along boarding.
What do you suggest instead then? One of about 10 generic songs with “everywhere we go…” that every club in the league sings or even worse the cringeworthy “Allez, Allez, Allez…”?

What do you suggest instead then? One of about 10 generic songs with “everywhere we go…” that every club in the league sings or even worse the cringeworthy “Allez, Allez, Allez…”?
As an ex Naval port with much attached history, I would suggest the sea shanty “What shall we do with the drunken sailor …” Its appropriate and, as far as I’m aware, no other club uses it.
Research - Fisherman’s Friends shanty

Then of course we had Muddy’s rendition of Waltzing Matilda, which a lot of us liked.

Last edited: