The Keinan Davis Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Keinan Davis Thread

He's adjusting to the demands of professional football, not Stevenage levels - give him a break he's hardly doing a Gabby.

There's also the mental aspect to consider as he develops.

Villa fans really are dickheads assuming I heard correctly on Saturday.....

Were they really singing "He's one of our own?!?"!"

He's born and bred in Stevenage and we only signed him 2 years ago as a 17 year old.

He's about 'as one of our own' as Albert Adomah is!!!

Morons!

Looked so much better with someone to play up front with as well, very positive. Just 19 and making a debut goal for the senior team... long may he reign!

I must say, I'm knackered, exhausted and perhaps a little hysterical every time I hear these excuses.

He's a young kid and he's learning his trade. The physical demands of Championship football will take a while to get used to I'm sure, and most right-thinking fans appreciate that. It just gets on my tits when managers trot out the "they're tired/have to play three games in a week/too many games" nonsense.

I certainly don't expect everyone to play every match, but these guys are supposedly professional athletes. Our lot have hardly been putting in gut-busting performances yet this season, which is only a handful of games old. So pardon me for having no truck with the 'tired and exhausted' spiel.

Like I said I expect them to come off the pitch exhausted.

Surely if they give maximum effort for 90 mins then they should be on their knees at the end.

I think young player do typically struggle with fitness. There's a big step up from youth and reserve football to the intensity of senior professional so I don't think it is an excuse at all.

Younger players also tend to charge around the pitch more than the others because they are more enthusiastic and wanting to impress and probably because don't have the experience of knowing how / when to conserve their energy on the pitch

Just delighted we have a youngster willing to put in the effort. long may he continue to do so.
If he could work up an understanding with Kodjia and continues to develop could be better still.

He is one our own , we as fans are desperate for him to do well, he himself has stated how much it means to himself to be part of aston villa. He's more one our own than that useless lump who will never score more than 5 goals a season.

He's not one of our own at all. He's a cockney who's been with the club 2 years.

Would you sing that song about Kodjia? Adomah?

That song should be for Villa fans who have come through the system, like Jack Grealish. I heard it on Saturday and was just embarrassed.

glensider - 22/8/2017 23:22

I don't usually like to label present day youngsters currently working there way through the ranks, nor do I think it fair to compare them to heroes from our glorious past. However in this case I think I'd like to make an exception.

He reminds me very much of a certain Keith Leonard, the guy who we picked up from non-league football and Highgate United.

The way he plays, shifts and turns away from opponents, leaving them trailing in his wake, He's deceptively skillful, and a decent enough header of the ball. His style, enthusiasm, never giving the opposition defense a moments rest, all the hallmarks that made Keith Leonard such a quality centre forward, before of course he was cut down in his prime.

I'm not suggesting for one minute that young Keinan Davis is as good as was Keith. He's not yet anyway, but if he can progress and develop as did Leonard when he stepped up from non-league football, then what a player we will have on our hands.

Good Luck Kienan.

Yes I said if he does as well as Keith he'll do for me.
If my memory serves me right Keith broke a couple of centre halves noses in successive or near enough games.
Think one was Norwich hard man Duncan Forbes. Tough as old boots was Keith.
When he got injured Ron bought Andy Gray, its said he was going to buy Gray anyway. Would have been interesting if Keith had not had to retire.

We have always loved our centre forwards at the Villa and lets hope Davis is the latest in a long line of top top No.9's we have had over the years.

We need a big lump upfront in this division. Even if he doesn't play week in week out we need it as an option.

Loving that Davis has stepped up to the plate. Keep it going kid.

Erod - the best £110k ever spent by Villa, few had heard of this young guy. For now, without Davis, the ball just comes back at us under the control of the opposition. Keith Leonard - what might have been.

Melon Donkey - 19/9/2017 08:16

We need a big lump upfront in this division. Even if he doesn't play week in week out we need it as an option.

Look at his touch. He's a lot more than a big lump.

I'm not saying he's going to make it. We've been here too many times with young players with potential but the kid has the skill.

BodyButter - 19/9/2017 02:37

I'm not saying he's going to make it. We've been here too many times with young players with potential but the kid has the skill.

Agreed its not just the touch its how he uses his body too he just pulls off players very easily.

He's definitely got the physical attributes to make it. He's powerful, he can bully AND outpace defenders.

Plus he seems like a level headed guy. Let's hope he stays that way and continues to develop.

Always good to see the young ones make their mark.

Melon Donkey - 19/9/2017 08:16

Totally BB. My use of the term big lump wasn't a criticism more a term of endearment.
Potential to be a great C.F. in the mould of our previous great big lumps!.

Young players, who are still developing physically, pick up injuries that take ages to clear up and can keep recurring. Michael Owen sufferered in this respect and our own RHM seems to be in a cycle of injury that he can't shake off. I wouldn't want to see KD drop into this cycle through over use too early in his career. This lad could be a real star for us.

CDX_EIRE - 19/9/2017 13:43

Agreed its not just the touch its how he uses his body too he just pulls off players very easily.

Oh, matron!

:34: :19: