The Jonathan Kodjia Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The Jonathan Kodjia Thread

Good luck to him. He's gone off the boil for various reasons but he was once our most important player. First season he was brilliant and he'd not had to bugger off to that stupidly timed tournament he'd have smashed past 20 goals that season.

Kodjia isn’t in bad company at this Qatari club. As someone mentioned, Slavic Jokanovic is the manager (former Fulham manager), Hector Moreno a Mexican international who has played for Sociedad, Roma and PSV, and to top it off a guy called Wesley Sneijder. Never quite made it to VP but turned out to be a decent player...

Dean has been on sky sports today talking about him, came back tired from the AFCON, picked up an injury against spurs and struggled for fitness, his contract was up this summer and they haven’t offered him a new one so best to let him leave. Would liked to have seen him have a go in the prem because he was good in the Championship when fit especially pre ankle injury.

Good luck and thanks for shirt.

Qatar ain't bad at all. None of the cold and wet you play in in this country. Bet the pay and standard of living are OK. Could do a lot worse. He looked a cert to break the 20 goal barrier before his injury. All the best Kodj.

Aston Villa head coach Dean Smith has explained why Jonathan Kodjia was allowed to leave, admitting: "He wasn't up to the standard... He hadn't got to the level of fitness that, for me, was required for the Premier League.

Unfortunately, he wanted to move on and I was happy to let that happen. Kodjia did well for me in the Championship but he always knew Tammy (Abraham) was No.1 choice. When Tammy got injured, he stepped up to the plate and scored some important goals for us last season."

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sp...ews/aston-villa-transfer-news-kodjia-17600152

A fully fit,pre injury Kodja would of killed it in the Premier our 1st season back. Guy was a proper maverick and could make something out of nothing.

Only bright spark in a dismal first season in the championship. Would we have got promoted second year if he'd not gotten injured? Perhaps, but I suppose then we'd never have been bought and would be stuck with Dr X.

A fully fit,pre injury Kodja would of killed it in the Premier our 1st season back. Guy was a proper maverick and could make something out of nothing.
I don't know about that, not premier league quality IMO.

But there's no denying that he wasn't a great player at the Championship level. Football is about levels and he was a standout player at that level.

I don't know about that, not premier league quality IMO.

But there's no denying that he wasn't a great player at the Championship level. Football is about levels and he was a standout player at that level.

The Kodjia of 16/17 would have been fine in the Premier league. Post injury Kodjia no.