The Jhon Durán Thread | Page 3 | Vital Football

The Jhon Durán Thread

I think that was due to his appearances in Spain, he could have gone to City when we signed him if they wanted him. I'm sure we attempted to sign a player 2 or 3 years ago but their Visa was rejected, maybe it was another team!

Wasn't it a keeper and someone else signed him a year later in England?

Wasn't it a keeper and someone else signed him a year later in England?

Yep, Moose just mentioned Kalinic which sounds right. From memory I think it was due to not accumulating enough points as he was playing in a crap league and had a lack of international appearances. That was my concern with Duran getting his permit.

Yep, Moose just mentioned Kalinic which sounds right. From memory I think it was due to not accumulating enough points as he was playing in a crap league and had a lack of international appearances. That was my concern with Duran getting his permit.

Just been reading up about stuff and it seems being outside the EU is making it more attractive for clubs to sign south Americans .
The transfer market is a big business run by agents who have people paid lots of money to get these "assets" into the UK sort visas and forms etc. Easier than a dinghy from Calais ;)

It was absolute bollocks as well. Same window Chelsea signed Kennedy (anyone remember him?) who had zero caps and he was waved straight through.

A Villa from Medellin. If he wants to become THE Villan from Medellin he needs to go one better than Juan Pablo and fire us into the top 5.

Thought we'd just signed the former bass player of an 80s pop group when I saw the headline. If he can do the biz for us, it doesn't matter how old he is.

Angels son isn't too bad a player himself. In the first team of the biggest club in Colombia at just 19.