The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 101 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

Sadly not if you've heard today's presser.

The deal was to good to decline - but patience in Ings replacement search. Also says that Duran isn't the Ings replacement.

Huh. Could just be keeping his cards close to his chest, of course.

I'd seen that Columbia were wanting Duran to come back to international duty after his medical so I figured he'd not be the replacement.

Just a further instance of Sky Sports obsession with the Sky 6/Newcastle bias- any of these teams sign a player it's page after page on their transfer centre, asking for opinions from fans about the signing or who they should sign blah blah blah etc etc etc. They even have a section for each of these teams with transfer news!
We sell Danny Ings and some idiot writes a piece on " how Villa may regret selling Ings "
It's not even discreet anymore but blatant. God help them if little old us ever gatecrash the party as I'm sure they'll all just spontaneously combust 🔥🔥🔥
In the words of Kammy ( well almost) " unfuckingbelievable Jeff "

So we might get dembelle in the summer. I bet the rest of the PL are quaking in there boots !

This thread reminds me of the summer window - when everyone was saying no way are we done, the deals always happen at the end of the window.
Then we got dendonker and benderakb(on loan).

But if you're always convinced this is a brave new era for villa so be it.

Yes. Because he's running his contract down. In my opinion he is a top player and I would be delighted if we got him.

Wow - a 2 goal this season - player who can't get a game in the french league- but good enough for PL.

Unbelievable.

Yes. Because he's running his contract down. In my opinion he is a top player and I would be delighted if we got him.
I don't know much about him but if he's coming free-ish and replacing Ings, Unai has my blessing. Its about time we used the Bosman system rather than shelling out 35m for Championship players

This thread reminds me of the summer window - when everyone was saying no way are we done, the deals always happen at the end of the window.
Then we got dendonker and benderakb(on loan).

But if you're always convinced this is a brave new era for villa so be it.
The owners would really have had to pull the wool over Emery's eyes if they lack the ambition to match his. I think most people here don't think that is a likely scenario.

The owners would really have had to pull the wool over Emery's eyes if they lack the ambition to match his. I think most people here don't think that is a likely scenario.

Agree.
I suppose that's why I'm so disappointed. I didn't think he'd come without significant funds promised. But these things do happen in football.