The January Transfer Window 2023 | Page 125 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Window 2023

Maybe Emery thinks Duran is sufficient cover for Ings.

Perhaps we can't get the players we want this window and Emery's pragmatic view is that we aren't going to get relegated and he would rather hold onto his stash until the right quality becomes available rather than wasting it on also-rans.

I think this is the reality, there are moves happening that could free up the two players we seem to want but they could also be completely independent of those transfers too.

I'd rather take our chances with what we have. Aaron Ramsey will probably make it to the bench when he comes back from injury. I think he'll be capable of doing a job here and there from the bench and the same for Duran.

Reports in France saying Marseille are about to sign that Moroccan midfielder we were supposed to be looking at, for a quarter of the price we were supposedly quoted at.

Perhaps a Guendouzi replacement?
Maybe we’ll see a domino effect hopefully falling into our favour. I’m convinced the club are working on a few deals as Emery has publicly said he wants a midfielder and winger, and that’s not including a potential Ings replacement either. I don’t think Emery would speak about certain positions unless he was confident something would materialise

Looking at the bigger picture we have two players in and a few out none of who were first choice.
We have Diego Carlos back to replace Bednarek who never played.
Duran to come off the bench instead of Ings
The rest of the outs don't play anyway.

So even as it is we are no worse off
would like a winger and a decent back up keeper . That would be a decent January window then

Just break the bank and bring Jack home.

Enjoyed watching him tonight. I reckon Emery would have him playing out of his skin.

Make it happen.