The January Transfer Thread | Page 56 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

There's a very highly rated goalkeeper at Motherwell, called Liam Kelly, who is out of contract this summer. He is in his mid-20's, 24, 25, 26 it might be well worth taking a look at him as Dibu's understudy.

Most other fans would say Emi is a completely unlikeable guy and an absolute twat.

Do we care? No.

It's fine when they're our twat. I wouldn't mind Zaha being our miserable sod.
Haha very true.

I dont like him never have. It would have be same if we signed savage at villa.

Sometimes its not a good match eg lescott

I don't think Zaha would fit in at our club.
Not because he doesn't have the footballing ability, he does.
Where I think he is lacking is mentally, I think he has a brittle ego. I mean he's great if he's the big fish in the pond but, he imploded when he went to United and was surrounded by bigger fish. Well the same would happen here, we have at least a dozen bigger fish already.
The links to Dybala are very exciting. He can play off either wing, as well as main striker but, his best spot is as a second striker. He is amazingly intelligent as a footballer and would help Ollie immensely, not only Ollie but young Duran, who would learn massively from someone with Dybala's experience.
Having Dybala in the team would allow Diaby to move back to his best position on the right-wing, Bailey could move to left-wing, where he used to play for Leverkusan, and with Diaby on the right the pair scored goals and set up goals for each other.

Zaha has spent most of his career hugging the left hand side. Under Emery, this comes from the left back. We're not going to change our style.

If Zaha were to join, and I agree he's a good player, he will not play in the same role that he has for most of his career.

Tme for my transfer window bookies odds (for what it's worth) -

Maguire - 10/1
Dybala - 12/1
Varane - 16/1
Neto - 16/1
Griezmann - 25/1
Henderson - 25/1
Onana (The Everton one) - 33/1
Palinha - 33/1
Phillips - 33/1

Looking at that list, I'm pretty convinced the bookies still think Steven Gerrard is in charge.

temperamental, injury prone and playing in Turkey -
he certains ticks lots of the boxes.
50 odd games wilf has missed injured over the last 2 and a bit seasons - bit of a gerrard type signing.

When does this Monchi fella start ?
be great to swoooop for some top players like