The January Transfer Thread | Page 58 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I don't think this window will see much action from us. I can see a couple of players brought in to protect against injuries, but we won't be spending a fortune and i don't think we should.
If Monchi had a few lined up I think they'd be here by now . January is a tough window for getting what you really want rather than impulse or panic buys.

Being 3pts off top at the turn of the year doesn't come round very often.

I still think we should have done more in the summer
Nothing to suggest we will drop away under this manager remote, that's the difference now, we leave it to him and he does the job properly.

Being 3pts off top at the turn of the year doesn't come round very often.

I still think we should have done more in the summer
Ironically you were the most vocal that we probably couldn't and wouldn't spend that much :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, I agree with you but I also think there’s some hindsight involved. The injuries to Mings and Buendia turned everything upside down. The intent was clearly to use Konsa as the primary RB and Cash will float in and out. Zaniolo was cover for JJ, the deal was done within 24-48 hours of Buendia's injury and they're completely different profiles. That deal was already being worked on.

So we lost two players, replaced one and then one player has evolved so quickly he has outgrown the role he that was planned for him. I think I was in a minority over the summer for replacing Cash but there were concerns about Konsa being RB. Now those concerns are flipped because previously we were worried if he was good enough, now he is too good.

Other than better coverage for Watkins we needed and still do need to move players on before bringing in more. I think most people felt we should have done more in the summer but it seems like we were hamstrung. I think we might still be to some degree.

Yeah. This is the truth of it and why I said earlier…nice thought and pre Unai was a possibility ….but now very unlikely.

I wouldn't be so sure as Zaha played as a striker a fair bit for Palace throughout his time there and Unai was apparently desperate to sign him when he was at Arsenal.

I don't think it'll happen but I wouldn't be shocked if it did.

Zaniolo was clearly stellar in Turkey:lol: couldn't we have Gala over ... I mean ....request a swap with Zaha. They'll just remember how good he was :lol: and won't know what we know.

So chambers and traore available. Both surplus to requirements in my opinion

Emery sayin its a one in and one out. Therefor i dont expect a flood of activity

I'm sure if he can shift Bert and or Chambers he'll bring a player into the squad
Good fucking luck getting rid of those two.

- Bert has 6 months on his deal and I am sure nobody is giving him a contract like he has now.
- Chambers was a free transfer for us so based on his trajectory we'd nearly have to pay someone to take him. Luton are probably the only viable premier league team.