The January Transfer Thread | Page 10 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

In fairness to Cash, he was played in midfield today. I don't know what he was supposed to be doing there and neither did he by the looks of it.

Still, he is the weakest player in our first XI so it's a good place to start looking for replacements.

In fairness to Cash, he was played in midfield today. I don't know what he was supposed to be doing there and neither did he by the looks of it.

Still, he is the weakest player in our first XI so it's a good place to start looking for replacements.
He is playing the best football of his life and its still glaringly obvious he is the weakest player in the team. He'd be perfect for Palace and therein lies the issue. I don't think he gets into any team in the top half.

Ben White, Walker, TAA, Pedro Porro, AWB, Trippier, Reece James. Maybe he'd start at Brighton or West Ham.

Konsa is more adventurous at RB than Cash and a much more technically competent player on the ball and as a defender. He just doesn't have the pace and engine of Cash.

He is playing the best football of his life and its still glaringly obvious he is the weakest player in the team. He'd be perfect for Palace and therein lies the issue. I don't think he gets into any team in the top half.

Ben White, Walker, TAA, Pedro Porro, AWB, Trippier, Reece James. Maybe he'd start at Brighton or West Ham.

Konsa is more adventurous at RB than Cash and a much more technically competent player on the ball and as a defender. He just doesn't have the pace and engine of Cash.
Agree on Cash, he’s a good footballer but probably not quite the level of a side competing for top 4, hopefully that’s our ambition now. Not sure I agree on konsa though, love him as a centre half but I don’t see him as a proper right back, might work in Unai’s tactical system but he’s very limited in that position

Agree on Cash, he’s a good footballer but probably not quite the level of a side competing for top 4, hopefully that’s our ambition now. Not sure I agree on konsa though, love him as a centre half but I don’t see him as a proper right back, might work in Unai’s tactical system but he’s very limited in that position
Just using Konsa as an example of how limited Cash is. The drop off from Cash to Konsa at RB isn't a lot which is not a good look. Fully agree Konsa is too important to be employed there full time which highlights the need add someone.

I worry we wont because we've got a strong contingent of CBs who want gametime. Big club mentality would say that doesn't matter and we'll go sign someone anyway.

A tad unfair on Cash,he was asked to do an unfamiliar role and was lost. That's not his fault! But we did look more balanced when Tielemanns came on!

Look, we have to pick fault with something.

And anyway, wanting more than one actual right back in the squad isn't exactly greedy.

A tad unfair on Cash,he was asked to do an unfamiliar role and was lost. That's not his fault! But we did look more balanced when Tielemanns came on!
It’s nothing to do with the weekend. We need to keep improving. Who is the weakest starter over the last 10 games? For me that’s Cash. And it’s not his fault. He is playing the best football of his life but adding another 5-10% is the short of margin of improvement that makes us a Top 4 team.

Cash can't play in tight spaces and can't spot the quick pass, he is a limiting factor. He has been a decent signing but now we're challenging for top four and he is getting exposed when competing at this level.

I've just seen Dan Bardel talking about how he doesn't think we will make any signings in January.

It's hard to imagine but he has a point. We won't be able to make any significant improvements in January. Clubs won't sell their best players. We have JJ and Moreno coming back (they'll be like new signings!). The areas where we probably need signings like RB and GK weren't addressed in the summer so Unai seems to think they are fine.