The January Transfer Thread | Page 9 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I don't think he's been dropped he's had a few injuries.

Form is temporary, class is permanent, and Unai obviously rates him.

Brighton won't let him go unless we offer silly money. I can't see us spending £60m on a full back for a while. Maybe after we win the Champions League.

I don't think we'd bat an eyelid spending £60m on areas of the team that require improvement.

When you look at our team now I'd say the 2 easiest areas for improvement are RB and LB.

Martinez, Konsa, Torres, Kamara, Luiz, Diaby, Mcginn, Watkins are all making themselves pretty much undroppable.

Any midfielders or forwards coming in would have to bide their time. They aren't walking straight into this team.

However a world class LB or RB gets straight in in my opinion.

I just can't see us doing anything at LB in January as long as Moreno is fit.

I've got a funny feeling we'll be in for Estupinan from Brighton in the summer as our big marquee signing.

Brighton won't be in Europe next season, they always sell one or two players, he's in of the best left backs in the league and he was one of Emery's first signings for Villarreal do there's already a relationship there.
They'll want £100m :ROFLMAO: and they'll be serious about it too.

I think you are right. They will be fishing for bargains overseas.
Yeah the state of our finances and revenue limit what we can do. I think we're most likely to look for more Torres and Diaby types who I wouldn't call bargains but I would say were great value for money. These guys were wanted by the upper echelon but teams maybe weren't prepared to battle it out for them.

I think now we enter a new era where we can attract players with even less risk and even pull players from Champions Lge. teams.

I think Emery is one of the few managers that looks for players who maybe are not the finished product but he can improve them. Most managers today seem to want to buy instant success but we know that don't always work and can be a very expensive mistake.

Emery has a track record of going for players he's worked with before and players he's brought before.

The price tag might be a problem but I think he's earnt the right to ask the board to back him to sign a player he knows and trusts.

I think he'd be a cracking signing and walk straight into our team and improve us from day 1. The season is only 12 games old and hes had a few injuries and people are writing him off already. I mean thats just mad. He's proved what a quality player he is last season and also before that at Villareal.

Add to that the fact he's played 2 seasons next to Pau in a successful Villareal team so they already know each others games. It just seems logical to me to try and get him.

There aren't many gettable players you could say that about I don't think. All players from abroad carry a risk and an element of settling in time required and we're pretty damn strong in most areas so the level of midfielder and striker needed to replace what we have is getting harder and harder to find.

Emery has a track record of going for players he's worked with before and players he's brought before.

The price tag might be a problem but I think he's earnt the right to ask the board to back him to sign a player he knows and trusts.

I think he'd be a cracking signing and walk straight into our team and improve us from day 1. The season is only 12 games old and hes had a few injuries and people are writing him off already. I mean thats just mad. He's proved what a quality player he is last season and also before that at Villareal.

Add to that the fact he's played 2 seasons next to Pau in a successful Villareal team so they already know each others games. It just seems logical to me to try and get him.

There aren't many gettable players you could say that about I don't think. All players from abroad carry a risk and an element of settling in time required and we're pretty damn strong in most areas so the level of midfielder and striker needed to replace what we have is getting harder and harder to find.
I agree, probably one of the best LBs in the league but it becomes a "cost-benefit analysis". Is 50-60m on Pervis the best use of that amount of money? If Unai thinks it is then it will happen of course but on paper I think we've bigger issues assuming Moreno isn't a sick note now.

Read this morning from "Football Insider" that we may be going for Athletic Bilbao's Inaki Williams instead of his brother Nico.
Both brothers are predominantly wingers but Inaki plays centre-forward as well. He's 29 while Nico is 21 and he'd cost about half fee Nico would bring.

Read this morning from "Football Insider" that we may be going for Athletic Bilbao's Inaki Williams instead of his brother Nico.
Both brothers are predominantly wingers but Inaki plays centre-forward as well. He's 29 while Nico is 21 and he'd cost about half fee Nico would bring.
Will we ever learn? Bought 29 years old Peter Withe. Told my mate that was a poor signing. I am to interviewed for chief Scout Job on Thursday.

I just can't see us doing anything at LB in January as long as Moreno is fit.

I've got a funny feeling we'll be in for Estupinan from Brighton in the summer as our big marquee signing.

Brighton won't be in Europe next season, they always sell one or two players, he's in of the best left backs in the league and he was one of Emery's first signings for Villarreal do there's already a relationship there.

I think there are more important signings to be made than another left back.
A goalkeeper for one and a right back and probably another striker.

We have to replace Cash in January if we can. He is simply not good enough.
Certainly isn’t atm, very negative and hasn’t the confidence to play in tight spaces. Championship buy, and it’s starting to show at the top end of the league. He just can’t deliver week in week out when under this much pressure.

We have to replace Cash in January if we can. He is simply not good enough.
Yes, Konsa is too important to shunt out to RB and Cash cannot start by default. A true attacking RB would be a devastating addition to this team.

Someone like Frimpong at Leverkusen would unreal. Maybe we’ll go in for that young lad in Spain that Barca wanted?