The January Transfer Thread | Page 61 | Vital Football

The January Transfer Thread

I really rate Smith-Rowe and have been clamoring for Villa to sign him for a few years however, his injury record has me questioning things plus with Moreno on the left we probably don't need him now.

After reading Martin Samuel’s article in today’s Sunday Times I’m even more convinced that PSR will be a factor in preventing Villa from doing much, if any, business in this window. Samuel has been consistent in his opposition to PSR. Here’s a quote.
”The argument that financial controls are what makes English football competitive- foundered in a week when this season’s success story, Aston Villa, and the bright sparks of last season , Newcastle United, both admitted, through Villa head coach, Unai Emery, and the Newcastle chief executive, Darren Eales, that they would have to sell good players to comply with PSR rules.”
His argument is that the rules haven’t been fit for purpose and are due to be changed to a system like the UEFA one where emphasis is on wages to turnover. Apparently this changeover will take place this August.
In other words we are hampered by a set of rules that have eight months left.

After reading Martin Samuel’s article in today’s Sunday Times I’m even more convinced that PSR will be a factor in preventing Villa from doing much, if any, business in this window. Samuel has been consistent in his opposition to PSR. Here’s a quote.
”The argument that financial controls are what makes English football competitive- foundered in a week when this season’s success story, Aston Villa, and the bright sparks of last season , Newcastle United, both admitted, through Villa head coach, Unai Emery, and the Newcastle chief executive, Darren Eales, that they would have to sell good players to comply with PSR rules.”
His argument is that the rules haven’t been fit for purpose and are due to be changed to a system like the UEFA one where emphasis is on wages to turnover. Apparently this changeover will take place this August.

Newcastle were letting on that they were going to have to sell some of their better players to balance the P&S accounts. It strikes me that they know one of their big names is on the way out the door and they are bracing the fans for it.

We are not in the same situation. However, if we get an offer too big to refuse, I think Unai and Mochi will think about what they could do with the money.

We have a few players like.Chambers and Traore that we would be happy to move on if we could. Other than that, I can't see us doing much in this window.

I see Kesler-Hayden has been recalled from his loan spell at Plymouth. As he's been a bit of a regular there this could mean one of two things-
1 he's been brought back to sell, similar to Azaz,or
2 he's been brought back to provide cover and competition for Cash

I see Kesler-Hayden has been recalled from his loan spell at Plymouth. As he's been a bit of a regular there this could mean one of two things-
1 he's been brought back to sell, similar to Azaz,or
2 he's been brought back to provide cover and competition for Cash

Plymouth fans don't seem too bothered about him leaving.

Can't be a coincidence that the manager that signed him left a few weeks ago can it. Wouldn't be shocked if he landed at Stoke where the previous Plymouth manager jumped ship to.

That's very interesting I did not know that was happening. I thought you had to comply with the UEFA rules as well if competing in Europe.