The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread | Page 30 | Vital Football

The January 2021 Transfer Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is the January thread, but if the dingles continue to have a poor season I would go for Podence in the summer.
This made me want to break out into an evil cackle. Great plan. Podence + Neto, stick them on the bench to keep the pressure on Anwar.

I see we are being linked with Inter Milan's Matias Vecino.
A midfielder who can play DM, CM, or AM.
He's 29 and out with a knee injury that he's had for 6 months.
If he's going to make a full recovery from his injury, he'd be a really decent purchase in January.
He'd have the rest of the season plus the summer to hit full recovery and to acclimatise to a different country and his new team mates and coaches.
He could be the answer to Man City's reported interest in taking Douglas Luis back.
Vecino has Europa and Champions League, as well as International experience for Uruguay.
West Ham are reported to be interested in him, so it could just be lazy journalism.

It is being reported this morning that RB Leipzig have approached us about signing Jaden Philogene-Bidace next month. Apparently he only has 6 months left on his contract.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-rb-leipzig-make-approach-to-sign-aston-villa-sensation/

I think we need to give him a three year contract minimum to fend off any unwanted interest for our young star in the making.

He's a lad that I want us to keep, Proper player that doesn't stay on the ground, I captured this off one of the under 23 games.

I see we are being linked with Inter Milan's Matias Vecino.
A midfielder who can play DM, CM, or AM.
He's 29 and out with a knee injury that he's had for 6 months.
If he's going to make a full recovery from his injury, he'd be a really decent purchase in January.
He'd have the rest of the season plus the summer to hit full recovery and to acclimatise to a different country and his new team mates and coaches.
He could be the answer to Man City's reported interest in taking Douglas Luis back.
Vecino has Europa and Champions League, as well as International experience for Uruguay.
West Ham are reported to be interested in him, so it could just be lazy journalism.

As I said mate, fully fit he'd be a decent addition but, as West Ham are showing interest in him I do suspect either a bit of lazy journalism, or agent or club trying to get an increased wage or price for an injured player.
It's pity really because fully fit he's just the type of player we might need, depending on Man City.
Of course Marvellous might have improved enough, as others have done this season, to live up to his name.

With almost half the season coming up, we're in a healthy position, but we've been here before, now is the opportunity to buy players to help us kick on or else rest on our laurels and hope things keep going our way. Hause, el ghazi and traore have been excellent when called upon but if something happens to Ollie, I don't think Davis or a returning wesley would have the same effect... but how do you convince a decent striker to sign knowing he'd be playing second fiddle to Watkins

Can you believe how improved most of our players are? This is a squad made on the cheap in premier league terms, who mostly looked average to poor last season. And now we can compete with anybody and even squad players are doing well.

The games of defending for our lives, having 20% possession and conceding twice in the last 10mins have gone.

All hail Dean and the owners!!

With almost half the season coming up, we're in a healthy position, but we've been here before, now is the opportunity to buy players to help us kick on or else rest on our laurels and hope things keep going our way. Hause, el ghazi and traore have been excellent when called upon but if something happens to Ollie, I don't think Davis or a returning wesley would have the same effect... but how do you convince a decent striker to sign knowing he'd be playing second fiddle to Watkins

The answer may be that we always sub the CF on 60mins and we have two rotated starters. And vote for 5 subs :grinning:

Then go and buy Edouard.....Rangers are about to displace Celtic so he might want to move.
:jangel:

I think the whole team and Dean have earnt more investment, the very fact we've got real hope of making a European spot should make the owners want to throw an extra 50m or ask Dean what he needs to keep on winning and improve the squad.

I said before the start of the season a top 10 place is a realistic possibility which quite a few scoffed at, We're 5th one game before the window opens, we're above, Chelsea, Tottenham, Man City and Arsenal with 14 games played and some others have already played 16 like Chelsea, we had a dip which we bounced back from, we've beaten Liverpool, Leicester, Arsenal and drew with Chelsea and NONE of them were lucky.

I'd be saying let's bring in Edouard 22 years old has all the attributes to be a class player, Apparently 30m could get him, then there's Thauvin for basically 5-10m valued at 28m but he's available for free in the summer and apparently Marseille want 5m to recoup something back.

I'd be either buying Barkley or if that's not an option then go for Dele Alli if he's cheap enough or Christian Eriksen who Inter Milan bought for 16m but have brutally came out and said he's available in Jan, and that the player wants a move back to the Premiership with Arsenal or Man Utd the most likely suitors, He is the kind of smart player we could do with in the middle, and the fact he'll be basically available for a nominal fee the wages wouldn't be a problem, it simply hasn't worked out for him but what a player he was for Spurs, he doesn't get on with the Inter players/Manager so we could bring him home.

Diego Costa and Terry were good mates so it's not outside the realms of possibility, although I'm not sure we could guarantee him first team football like Wolves or Arsenal could.

A short term statement it would certainly make.

However, I'm thinking of spirit given what he's like.

Mings wouldn’t go near him :ROFLMAO:

I’ve been watching the spurs documentary (a bit behind but making the most of the free trial) and Jose challenges the Spurs players as he felt they’re a bit too nice to win anything - it’s a nice problem that we’ll have now we’re outplaying teams, so why not kill two birds with one stone?!

Status
Not open for further replies.