The player who left thread | Page 80 | Vital Football

The player who left thread

Interesting one. What happens if it's counted as one lump sum, but then the installments are sold off at a lower price? Does the value of the lump sum get revisited by the EFL?

Yup! Even if we have to sell Jack to sort out FFP there's no way Levy can hang on until the last minute when we're desperate for the money. Premium offers only will now be considered.

The thing is, selling Grealish is not a priority towards FFP.
His wage of £20k, (as reported by probably every news outlet), is not a major, major saving, unlike some others, Lansbury for example, on a reported £40k.
Others, like Richards and McCormack, are on even more.
Personally I think putting those two on the transfer market isn't enough, it should be advertised that they are free transfers. An argument could be made for not paying up their contracts too. Neither one has actually fulfilled their part of the contracts they signed.

Question for any legals out there. Once we are out of Europe, does the Bosman ruling apply here?? Power possibly taken back from the players????

Regardless of the wealth of our new owners perhaps Jack actually wants to move to Spurs?

We don't know at the moment but if he does move to them I wouldn't be surprised if he spends an awful lot of frustrating time on the bench.

Jack may have got used to the idea. Difficult decision for him (if he has a choice of staying). Bruce or Poch? Would he develop better over the coming season as an essential part of our squad or an unkown position with Spuds?

Think he's better off going. Might actually help us. It would highlight our need to do better in the final third. We need a quality attacking coach minimum. Having said that, he's looked pretty good so far in pre-season; if I was confident we could harness that to its full potential I'd rather he stayed.

Interesting one. What happens if it's counted as one lump sum, but then the installments are sold off at a lower price? Does the value of the lump sum get revisited by the EFL?
I don't think so to be honest. If clubs started doing that I think the best the EFL can look at is fair dealing and good faith.

The thing is, selling Grealish is not a priority towards FFP.
His wage of £20k, (as reported by probably every news outlet), is not a major, major saving, unlike some others, Lansbury for example, on a reported £40k.
Others, like Richards and McCormack, are on even more.
Personally I think putting those two on the transfer market isn't enough, it should be advertised that they are free transfers. An argument could be made for not paying up their contracts too. Neither one has actually fulfilled their part of the contracts they signed.
Grealish was a priority towards FFP.

We can't refuse to pay their contracts, they have fulfilled legally.

Do you seriously think anyone at the club has been in talks to sell anyone this last week?

Let's just take stock over the weekend and let our new owners get their feet under the table.

Can see a lot of things being re-evaluated as we speak. Who are our targets? Rather than who are we shipping.

Do you seriously think anyone at the club has been in talks to sell anyone this last week?

Let's just take stock over the weekend and let our new owners get their feet under the table.

Can see a lot of things being re-evaluated as we speak. Who are our targets? Rather than who are we shipping.
Doesn't change FFP unless our owners think outside the box. Nothing has changed other than ownership and cash flow.

Fuck off Levy. Your tactic of playing the waiting game hasn't worked this time. You should have offered £20m last week.

We still need to shift the obvious players that are not adding value. This in itself could meet FFP requirements. None of us know the financial situation at the club.